• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sunroof

syngates24

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So my sunroof just decided to stop working one day. It won’t open at all, almost as if it just died. I checked all the fuses and none are blown. I can’t seem to figure out to to remove the headliner just to check if it maybe just simply got disconnected. Any help is appreciated.

Hey everyone. So my sunroof just decided to stop working one day. It won’t open at all, almost as if it just died. I checked all the fuses and none are blown. I can’t seem to figure out to to remove the headliner just to check if it maybe just simply got disconnected. Any help is appreciated.
I would checking you switch works and is sending a signal ,second headliner doesn't need to come out, the console on the roof where crawl control and most likely your sunroof switch is should some straight off there you will have access to switch and the only plug to the sunroof motor

Attachments

• 1569426985528255312975180242341.jpg
    1569426985528255312975180242341.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would also check your owner's manual for a moon roof initialization procedure and start there

Upvote 0
Ok so I managed to pop out the switch console. I checked the switch with a voltmeter and the switch appears to be fine so I then thought it would be the motor but then it suddenly started working again. I was able to open and close it and tilt up and down. I then stopped the truck and restarted it and it stopped working again. So I’m thinking there is maybe a short.

Upvote 0
Ok so I managed to pop out the switch console. I checked the switch with a voltmeter and the switch appears to be fine so I then thought it would be the motor but then it suddenly started working again. I was able to open and close it and tilt up and down. I then stopped the truck and restarted it and it stopped working again. So I’m thinking there is maybe a short.
If there was a short it would be more intermittent , instead of choosing when and when not to work , i would look into the towns manual for the initialization procedure for the sunroof , sounds more like a miss communication happaning , example I can give is how sometime unplugging an window switch on some cars the auto up down function just stops working , but unplugging the battery it doesn't, and some cars unplugging the battery just confuses the entire car .
But I would check the manual first and try that first see how that geos

Upvote 0
Back