• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suggestions For Suspension

Rich-E

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Looking for suggestions regarding front and rear suspension. Right now running 6112 Bilsteins with Camburg UCA's front (700 lbs springs). Rear Bilsteins 5160 and Firestone air bags. Know this was just a temporary set up, now looking for something permanent. Have a lot of weight on truck. Mostly the rear end. So many options! Looking for help. Truck is used for low to moderate overlanding nothing death defining.

Attachments

• 20210531_093326.jpg
    20210531_093326.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210531_093304.jpg
    20210531_093304.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210531_093250.jpg
    20210531_093250.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 83
Looking for suggestions regarding front and rear suspension. Right now running 6112 Bilsteins with Camburg UCA's front (700 lbs springs). Rear Bilsteins 5160 and Firestone air bags. Know this was just a temporary set up, now looking for something permanent. Have a lot of weight on truck. Mostly the rear end. So many options! Looking for help. Truck is used for low to moderate overlanding nothing death defining.
Depends on your budget really, but some stage 3 deaver springs would be a definite help it seems. And depending on your budget you could get some fox or kind shocks with adjusters. Locked off road or elka I’ve heard are some great shocks as well.

Depends on your budget really, but some stage 3 deaver springs would be a definite help it seems. And depending on your budget you could get some fox or kind shocks with adjusters. Locked off road or elka I’ve heard are some great shocks as well.
Do know if I could still keep the air bags on with the stage 3 Deavers.

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

@Tyler can give you good input on this. His rig is heavy but he’s done a fine job of supporting it.

Do know if I could still keep the air bags on with the stage 3 Deavers.
You can, yes. Get the same bags and cradles I did. They’re cheap, easy to install, and they make a huge difference. Your truck will essentially never sag depending on the psi you want to use. You’ll also have less body roll.

Firestone W217602407 Ride-Rite Kit for Toyota Tacoma 4WD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FEOSJY/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Daystar, Air Bag Cradle designed for full suspension travel, Fits All 6" diameter convoluted Air Bags, fits any full size of half ton truck, 2/4WD, KU09140BK, Made in America , Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084ROJBM/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Thank you, already have the Firestone air bags and love them. Will check into the cradle setup.

Thank you, already have the Firestone air bags and love them. Will check into the cradle setup.
I just replied in the other thread that I missed where you said you already have the bags. We are replying to each other at the same time! :ROFLMAO:

Back