• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suggestions for leveling/lifting 2wd

SJM7

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I’m new to the site but see a ton of knowledgeable individuals and was wondering if anyone is able to help me out! I know a 2wd is frowned upon but with that being said, I am wanting to fit some larger tires on mine and it will be strictly for aesthetics and street driving. What type of level/lift, and tire size (265,285?) do you all suggest? I’ve been told only puck spacers and I’ve been told bilstein 5100s.

I’d do the 5100s and add a leaf. The ride will suffer with a spacer lift. Fit some larger tires and improve the suspension and improve the looks!

I’d do the 5100s and add a leaf. The ride will suffer with a spacer lift. Fit some larger tires and improve the suspension and improve the looks!
Would you suggest using the stock springs or grabbing some OME 886,887,888? Also what size tires 265 or 285? I do like the look of the 285s but don’t know if it’s worth it with no off-roading whatsoever.

Would you suggest using the stock springs or grabbing some OME 886,887,888? Also what size tires 265 or 285? I do like the look of the 285s but don’t know if it’s worth it with no off-roading whatsoever.

That I can’t suggest on either one. If you plan on loading the truck down with gear, racks, rtt, bumpers, etc. I would get some stiffer springs though to handle the weight.

You can get pretty far on 265s but imo they look so small on these trucks- body size comparison

Bilstein 5100s are great, as are their Eibach counterparts (Eibach probablt better too)

We’ve been actually phasing out Bilstein in favor of Eibach. Much much better customer service, actually in stock and not months and months back ordered.
The ride is a bit softer and the build quality on the Eibach kits is tons better.

But there’s a lot of different options for everyone’s different uses. How do you intend to use the truck? Overland style or you just want something higher, bigger rubber and looks?

Fitting a 285 isn’t difficult at all, it will require some small trimming but nothing insane, but that does depend on the wheel you choose and it’s specs as well.

Either way I’m happy to take care of ya! We’ve got the Eibach kits in stock actually and offer a 10% discount to T3G forum members!

Let me know if I can take care of ya.

Code T3G10 for 10% off your order

Attachments

• 50F36228-8589-4057-A646-48DC9AE6B01B.jpeg
    50F36228-8589-4057-A646-48DC9AE6B01B.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 57
Bilstein 5100s are great, as are their Eibach counterparts (Eibach probablt better too)

We’ve been actually phasing out Bilstein in favor of Eibach. Much much better customer service, actually in stock and not months and months back ordered.
The ride is a bit softer and the build quality on the Eibach kits is tons better.

But there’s a lot of different options for everyone’s different uses. How do you intend to use the truck? Overland style or you just want something higher, bigger rubber and looks?

Fitting a 285 isn’t difficult at all, it will require some small trimming but nothing insane, but that does depend on the wheel you choose and it’s specs as well.

Either way I’m happy to take care of ya! We’ve got the Eibach kits in stock actually and offer a 10% discount to T3G forum members!

Let me know if I can take care of ya.

Code T3G10 for 10% off your order

Hey I greatly appreciate the reply! I would want a 3” suspension lift on 285/75/16 on my SR5 stock wheels with a possible 1.25” wheel spacer. Im really interested in the Eibach kit on your site. I would want this leveled out. What do you recommend? Add UCAs? Add Rear lift? Add Strut Assembly?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Hey I greatly appreciate the reply! I would want a 3” suspension lift on 285/75/16 on my SR5 stock wheels with a possible 1.25” wheel spacer. Im really interested in the Eibach kit on your site. I would want this leveled out. What do you recommend? Add UCAs? Add Rear lift? Add Strut Assembly?
Dude, the Eibach stuff right now is HOT. I just got 6 more of the 3rd gen kits this morning and they’ll probably be gone by end of the month lol. The ride is superb, not too stiff, but definitely makes the truck feel more in your control versus it being so soft and all over the place.

That kit would definitely help you fit the 285s, you’ll need to trim some plastic and potentially do a body mount chop to clear it all 110%, but you’ll clear them like 80% without the body mount chop.

We’ve got the 1.25” spacers in stock as well, I should probably put them on the site huh... lol.

Strut assembly is up to you, we can put them together so you don’t have to rent a spring compressor and do that yourself, and also happy to put them on any notch of your choice, just put that in the order notes.

UCAs is also not required but I highly recommend it. Do it right once and go enjoy the truck, it’ll also give you a better steering feel, better suspension movement and most importantly a proper alignment that won’t prematurely wear your tires out.

As for the rear lift, the Tacoma Eibach kit doesn’t come with anything to lift the rear end, so you’d have to add the AAL (which I’d go this route), or we can order you up the Eibach lift block spacer (but if you’ve already got a spacer in the back this isn’t needed).

AAL is going to be the better ride with a progressive leaf pack, and also help carry some extra weight before she starts to sag.

Back