• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Stuck--Attempted to add some air horns...

nakedwaterskier

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
HELP please. I have a Taco 3rd Gen TRD Offroad. I had some old but working air horns in my garage. I disconnected 1 of the 2 stock and added a compressor with 2 horns. No giant compressor just the regular old type. Worked great till the 4th time I used them and held down for 5 seconds. I figured I blew the fuse but I swapped a couple fuses and still nothing. Then I tried swapping relays too; still dead. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Neither the air horn or the one stock horn is working now.

Start looking for in-line fuses and or fuseable link wiring. Also, by pass the horn switch. The compressor may have drawn enough amps to damage it.

Upvote 0
Back