• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Stock TRD Pro Tires Good Enough for Snow in the PNW?

Backbowl

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Manual
White
I was wondering if anyone has experience driving the TRD Pro stock tires (Good Year Kevlar reinforced M + S 265/70R16) in snow and if they are good enough. I am considering buying a separate set of snow tires if need be. I don't plan on modding tires or lifting the truck so this size is pretty much what I'm sticking with.

I live in Portland, OR so we don't get a ton of snow in the city but for sure we get ice here and there and I would like to occasionally go up to the mountain where there could be a ton of snow. Fortunately we have another mountain snow capable SUV I can take up onto the mountain so I don't absolutely need to take my Taco. The most important need would be getting by in the city in inclement weather. Can I just get by with the stock tires by dumping some sand bags in the back and throwing it in 4WD when needed? What are your thoughts?

Drove on the stock offroad tires for last winters "snowmagedden" and it was fine in 4x. Two wheel drive I was slipping even if I feathered the gas pedal. I have wildpeaks now so they might actually be 2 times better.

Back