• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Stance?

TrojanMan60

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
I've done as much googling as I can take, so here I am.
I really like the aggressive stanced look, but I'm not looking to throw rocks across my cab when offroading. How wide am I able to go before noticing a big change in performance? I'm looking to run 35x12.5s.

I used to have 35s on the stock TRD OR wheels and they were almost 100% under the truck, which would be "no stance" in this case.

Recently, I upgraded my wheels and they now have a -10mm offset. This is about as little as you can have them stick out while still being noticeably wider. Any less and it wouldn't look much different. But you can tell they are wider and I don't think they'd throw rocks at the paint as much as more offset or backspacing would. My point is: If you want a wider stance but don't want to scratch your paint with debris, you still might, but this would be your best situation.

Here is what it kind of looks like:
1579129303988.png

I’m sure you can go more aggressive without long travel and spacers, I haven’t really looked. But here is my setup running 35x12.5’s with a -38 ET & no spacers. If you don’t want everything on the road ending up on the side of your truck I 10/10 do not recommend this haha.
2BAE75CE-CD4E-4879-85F4-C32110596923.jpeg

Back