• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Stalled 2018 while hunting

Andrew0311

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey folks, need some advice or input from the T3G family.

I was out hunting in central nevada the last few days, on the morning of my 3rd hunt around 5:30 am roughly 38 degrees my 2018 Automatic OR stalled while headed up a dirt hill. Light on the dash was very brief almost didn’t give me enough time to read but it said “high ATF Temp and low oil pressure”

naturally, I panicked bc I was out there alone, and it was 3 days into my 5 days hunt. I waited about 10 min and started the truck back up and took it back to town. I checked the oil which was dark and smelly but not outside of what I would think is normal.

I went back out about 3 hours later, (against my better judgment maybe, but I was hunting lol)

It stalled again 1 hour into driving dirt roads, as I was climbing up a small dirt hill. One that the truck would normally not even consider a challenge.

took it to the dealer today who states they don’t recommend flushing the trans bc it’s a “lifetime fluid” (never in a million years would I belive that a fluid can last the life of the truck but you tell me is this a thing?)

they state it was likely the fuel pump and did the recall swap on it.

anyone experience something like this? I was cruising the dirt trails slow so I get the lack of airflow but to over heart 1 hour into driving and at such low ambient temps ?

thoughts?

Attachments

• 3250A77A-CAB4-41B9-A109-7B646C92FA0E.jpeg
    3250A77A-CAB4-41B9-A109-7B646C92FA0E.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Yeah it’ll happen on steep inclines. Something to do with oil and the motor and not being in places it should.. happens to me a lot offroad. I just shut it off, call it a pos then fire it back up and go again.

How’d you check the tranny fluid?

Upvote 0
Back