• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Squeaks, creaks, and eyes staring

ShikyoX

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
hey guys,
lets start this off with the 2 long Canadian winters ago,
i decided to cheap out and opt for uni-balls instead of the delta joint ! like many you come across a point in time and were you need to confirm with yourself with a " ahh should be fine yea"
now here i am with a noise some say a loud squeak maybe even a creak it had its good days and its bad days , it would even disappear as if it was never there i would finally relax then... it comes back louder :unsure: was it embarrassing yes , have people starred at me with disgust every time i pulled into a parking stall eventually after they look around for a clunker to only realize it was my taco. so it got to the point where i pondered and decided to use all my hard earned technician training trough vast years of experience trials and errors ,countless upgrade course to further
my own knowledge ! i did what all great technicians do :cool: i took a GUESS !! sprayed my uni-ball ( i do on a regular schedule) but i gave it a thirsty spray AND IT WORKED noise gone yay, worth every bit of training but eventually it came back , well it got to the point with i kept the can of lube in the car ? then it got tot he point where lube did nothing .when did it happen low speed over bumpy terrian and parking maneuvers
so here is some clips and photos for you guys to enjoy !!!

the squeak,and that was quite to the usual
View: https://youtu.be/sUQf-iwKHFY

this is a video to show you how loose the uni-ball is and the play on the ring now also to note the PTFE line is destroyed and came out wish i had a photo of that
View: https://youtu.be/sy66yYSY2KE

so no now i have the delta joints in smooth as can be !!

I love T-9 boesheild for these type of situations
I havent seen that around my local stops but I'll get a can online always like trying stuff out. It's funny I routinely lubed and in the winter I regularly rinsed the salt off , just hoping these would of lasted longer

Upvote 0
Back