• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SpiderTraxx or Naw ?

JohnnyUtah253

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I am thinking about getting spider traxx for my cement taco. I bought some new wheels and the back space puts my tire next to my UCA; which spells disaster on the trail when in I turn in 4wheel. Need some advice, I hear their good but also I should sell my wheels and buy new ones with a better back spacing. All I’m trying to do is get my tire away from my control arms. Can I still do all the stuff I use to with out them if I buy them ?

Spidertrax over the other brand. Spidertrax are well known as the trust wheel spacer manufacturer for a variety of vehicles. I have ran them for many years without issue.

You can get the Tacoma ones here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGRDMOM/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Alternatively, I just took mine off because I upgraded my wheels, so I can sell you mine if you’d like.

And yes, the spacers will move the tire away from the UCA to stop the rubbing. You’ll be perfectly fine running spacers for wheeling. Upgrading your wheels to have backspacing or offset does also achieve this, it’s just more expensive. Up to you if you want to spend a lot more money for new wheels. The other benefit to new wheels is that it obviously changes the look of your truck.

Upvote 0
Oh right on man.. yah I think the cheaper route is what I’m gonna go with because I was wanting a offset and I feel like 1.25 “ would be where I want it. That’s the most narly sound ever to hear my tire clawing on the UCA. Definitely gonna go to 4WP and have them do it plus a alignment probably gonna be costly I have a feeling there gonna be a body mount chop but it’s cool tho I’ll check that link also
As well thank you

Upvote 0
Back