• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spare tire question

Woad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to search this question because there is multiple parts.

I have 285/70/17 k02s with Method 703 0/4.75" spacing.
https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/703-matte-black?variant=31922243207229

with their "extended" lug nut kit (6 lug 12x1.5)

I have a 5th 17" k02 but the spare wheel on my truck is a 16" so i need a new spare wheel.

Lastly, I have ADS Suspension with reservoirs and SPC control arms. So i'm worried some of the spare tires will smack my suspension.

Does anyone have a spare wheel suggestion that will work with those lug nuts? Not hit my suspension and be able to mount a 285/70/17 to it?

Thank you everyone

The spare wheel shouldn't interfere with the suspension. I'd just get the same method for the spare and do a 5 tire rotation. The tire you're running should fit underneath with some persuasion of the metal brackets that orient the spare tire.

I love the idea of the 5th wheel rotation, but wouldn’t that be costly swapping the tpms sensor out each time? I didn’t think our trucks could handle 5 sensors

Unless you are dependent on your Tpms sensor to check your tires for appropriate pressures, you can just forget about it and remember that the spare going through the rotation won't show up on your screen (the tire in the spare position will have a sensor, and it's pressure will be noted).

I've got 33's under my bed in the spare position. It's very tight, and doesn't quite seat all the way, but after a little bending and hammering, it works fine.

Love it, thanks everyone. As always I overcomplicated it

I love the idea of the 5th wheel rotation, but wouldn’t that be costly swapping the tpms sensor out each time? I didn’t think our trucks could handle 5 sensors
I do a 5 tire rotation every 5000 miles myself, it gives me the opportunity to do other maintenance with the wheels off, once I am finished I stop by Discount Tires and they reset the TPMS for free even if I didn't buy the tires there! It only takes a few minutes....hope this helps!

My understanding is that it can take more than 4, and they only transmit when they are in motion. That said, Mine don't work at all...

I do a 5 tire rotation every 5000 miles myself, it gives me the opportunity to do other maintenance with the wheels off, once I am finished I stop by Discount Tires and they reset the TPMS for free even if I didn't buy the tires there! It only takes a few minutes....hope this helps!
You shouldn't need to do that. There's a button under the dash that resets them.

-M

You shouldn't need to do that. There's a button under the dash that resets them.

-M
It may but I have attempted it and it never works, each tire has a TPMS so 5 and it only reads 4 so to get it reading correctly I have the recalibrate. I attempted to purchase one (recalibrate TPMS reader) on Amazon to do it myself, however no success there as well...they can get extremally expensive for the good ones!

It may but I have attempted it and it never works, each tire has a TPMS so 5 and it only reads 4 so to get it reading correctly I have the recalibrate. I attempted to purchase one (recalibrate TPMS reader) on Amazon to do it myself, however no success there as well...they can get extremally expensive for the good ones!
Lame. I bought cheapass TPMS and now i have no TPMS. I can live without them, but was hoping for some resolution...

-M

Lame. I bought cheapass TPMS and now i have no TPMS. I can live without them, but was hoping for some resolution...

-M
Discount Tires was my resolution but I agree I can live without them…old school is still a thing🤙

Back