• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spacers

TrojanMan60

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
I'm looking to get some spacers, but I'm concerned about longevity. Is there a big difference between steel and aluminum in weather and off road?

I'm looking to get some spacers, but I'm concerned about longevity. Is there a big difference between steel and aluminum in weather and off road?
The aluminum won’t rust over time.

The general consensus is that when buying spacers, Spidertrax is the go-to brand. I’ve had them on my Jeep JK for about 3 years and had them on my Tacoma for about 1.5 years, both enduring some extensive off-roading. I have never had an issue or felt unsafe with these spacers nor have I heard of anyone else having an issue with this brand. They are billet aluminum.

Tacoma 1.25” version: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGRDMOM/?tag=tacoma3g-20

I have some no name brand 1.5” spacer I got from eBay and haven’t had any issues.

Spidertrax is a good name though.

and I wouldn’t go with 1.5” spacers like I did. I’d go shorter.

Did you have problems with the 1.5"s? Why would you recommend going shorter?
I haven’t had problems.
I just think the wheels stick out just a tad bit to far. If you’re sticking with the OEM rims, 1.25 or 1 inch would be perfect.

Did you have problems with the 1.5"s? Why would you recommend going shorter?
I had 1.25” on stock wheels and 35” tires and it was enough to not rub and also not have the tires sticking out too much.

You guys running 1.25” spacers, did you have to trim the lugs for the wheels to mount flush?

I had 1.25" and now .75" in front. Even with the .75" you do NOT have to trim the lugs in most cases...They stick out a very very tiny bit but my rims have gaps in the back that the sticking out part could fit right into.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    509.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.png
    2.png
    814.7 KB · Views: 87
Back