• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sound of Rushing Air or Spraying Water when Turning Left

saboltoothtiger

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
A couple of days ago, my truck started making a sound when turning left at speeds between 10mph and 50mph. It sounds similar to that of rushing/blowing air or spraying water hitting the fender liner. It does this regardless if the driving conditions are wet or dry and sounds like it is right behind my glove box. This happened once last year (just over a year ago if I recall correctly), when the truck was stock. The sound ended up going away after while, but it just came back a couple of days ago.

Does anyone know what this sound is, have you experienced the sound/issue, and have you found a remedy?

A couple of days ago, my truck started making a sound when turning left at speeds between 10mph and 50mph. It sounds similar to that of rushing/blowing air or spraying water hitting the fender liner. It does this regardless if the driving conditions are wet or dry and sounds like it is right behind my glove box. This happened once last year (just over a year ago if I recall correctly), when the truck was stock. The sound ended up going away after while, but it just came back a couple of days ago.

Does anyone know what this sound is, have you experienced the sound/issue, and have you found a remedy?
Check to see if your condensate drain is plugged. It could be slightly plugged, and the centrifugal force of the turn is helping to free a build-up of water. The water would come out on the left side. I wouldn't think you could hear it though but maybe.

Upvote 0
Turns out the condensate drain was clogged. Thanks, @Asmara. I blew some air up the drain tube and water started to pour out like a faucet.

Apparently, when turning left, the water sloshes up the right side of whatever is containing it and hits the fan for the A/C, which causes it to sound like rushing air or spraying water. When the fan isn’t on, there’s no sound.

C9D1425E-C9B1-4FE9-B58C-E03EED8C104C.jpeg

Upvote 0
Back