• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SOS Concepts Q&A, information, general BS, pics, ideas, #sosconceptscrew hang out

SOS Concepts

4️⃣ Gold
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
We have one of these on the other forums we are involved with. It's a great way for us to stay in contact with ya'll and for ya'll to get in touch with us. Also it's a good place for ideas and mods you've done to your products to fit your needs. We like seeing customer innovation as well, it helps us improve. SOS prides itself in being connected with the communities we serve, it's more than just selling stuff to us.

Post any Questions, ideas for coating, pics of use, custimizations, installation tips and tricks, BS, etc. If you have any questions please post them, they will be answered ASAP even if there is a bunch of BS chat around them. We are here to help and answer questions etc with the products. Also a PM to myself is a good way of getting questions answered quickly.

SOS Offroad Concepts contact info.
email: sosoffroadconcepts@gmail.com
Address: 970 Old Airport Road, Lauren's SC
Phone: 843-714-9854
instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sos_offroadconcepts/
https://www.instagram.com/instame_ed_d/

Here is the thread with a bunch of different pics of the armor and possibilities.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/show-off-your-sos-concepts-armor.567374/

Email ordering: If you are wanting to apply 2 codes (discount and local pickup) or have an order for options not listed on the website please use this format. It'll streamline the process. sosoffroadconcepts@gmail.com
Name
Address
Contact number
Full details of the order
Code(s) used

Due to loud manufacturing noises Eddy has limited access to quite time as he works on building these products daily with his guys. If he misses your call please send a email also that way there is record for him to go back on. Email is the best way to get in contact with Eddy, also be patient as they are usually answered after the "normal" workday in the shop and done so in the evening. If something is pressing and you need a question answered please PM me!

#sosconceptscrew on your posts for you IG users!

PSA if you have a rear bumper with swing out and jerry can holder make sure you get the cans where the seam folds inwards and isn't sticking out. The outward seam ones will not fit.

Frequently asked questions/basic info on the products. All weights posted are ~ depending on options and configurations weights may vary.

Skid weights:
IFS- 54 lbs
Mid- 38 lbs
T-Case 39 lbs

Sliders: standard angle is 15* can be made anywhere from 0-20*
weight- DCSB/ACLB 110 lbs (no fill plates with kickout)

Stock 3rd gen with hitch- 71 lbs
3rd gen streamline weight:
aluminum w/ hoop- 27 lbs
steel w/ hoop- 70 lbs
Reg rear bumper w/ single swingout- ~130 (this may vary due to other options chosen for swingout)
Front Bumper weight

Installation tips, tricks, and instructions!

3rd gen. sliders installation:
DS bolts should go through from the frame to the outside so the nuts are on the outside of the frame this allows more room for the brake lines.

Attachments

• 2016+ streamline install (1).pdf
    605.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 2016+ slider install (3).pdf
    598.9 KB · Views: 125
Well.. Iam a proud owner of your slim line bumper on a 2018 trd pro. Thank you for making my build.
9D082FE1-5DB8-4498-821F-9C252A1E8C41.jpeg
96F02A1C-A276-4D15-A353-D65A0DC4D4F8.jpeg
EF2572AF-D699-4025-AA40-8080C102679C.jpeg

Different company see below. Glad you are enjoying our competitors product. We understand that our product isn't for everyone. We get confused with SSO all the time. But that's kinda what happens sometimes.

See below post.

Last edited:
Just watched the video and looked more closely at the bumper. That is an SSO not an SOS 2 totally different companies. It's all good though. Your truck still looks good and glad you are enjoying their product and using it.

Last edited:
We have one of these on the other forums we are involved with. It's a great way for us to stay in contact with ya'll and for ya'll to get in touch with us. Also it's a good place for ideas and mods you've done to your products to fit your needs. We like seeing customer innovation as well, it helps us improve. SOS prides itself in being connected with the communities we serve, it's more than just selling stuff to us.

Post any Questions, ideas for coating, pics of use, custimizations, installation tips and tricks, BS, etc. If you have any questions please post them, they will be answered ASAP even if there is a bunch of BS chat around them. We are here to help and answer questions etc with the products. Also a PM to myself is a good way of getting questions answered quickly.

SOS Offroad Concepts contact info.
email: sosoffroadconcepts@gmail.com
Address: 970 Old Airport Road, Lauren's SC
Phone: 843-714-9854
instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sos_offroadconcepts/
https://www.instagram.com/instame_ed_d/

Here is the thread with a bunch of different pics of the armor and possibilities.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/show-off-your-sos-concepts-armor.567374/

Email ordering: If you are wanting to apply 2 codes (discount and local pickup) or have an order for options not listed on the website please use this format. It'll streamline the process. sosoffroadconcepts@gmail.com
Name
Address
Contact number
Full details of the order
Code(s) used

Due to loud manufacturing noises Eddy has limited access to quite time as he works on building these products daily with his guys. If he misses your call please send a email also that way there is record for him to go back on. Email is the best way to get in contact with Eddy, also be patient as they are usually answered after the "normal" workday in the shop and done so in the evening. If something is pressing and you need a question answered please PM me!

#sosconceptscrew on your posts for you IG users!

PSA if you have a rear bumper with swing out and jerry can holder make sure you get the cans where the seam folds inwards and isn't sticking out. The outward seam ones will not fit.

Frequently asked questions/basic info on the products. All weights posted are ~ depending on options and configurations weights may vary.

Skid weights:
IFS- 54 lbs
Mid- 38 lbs
T-Case 39 lbs

Sliders: standard angle is 15* can be made anywhere from 0-20*
weight- DCSB/ACLB 110 lbs (no fill plates with kickout)

Stock 3rd gen with hitch- 71 lbs
3rd gen streamline weight:
aluminum w/ hoop- 27 lbs
steel w/ hoop- 70 lbs
Reg rear bumper w/ single swingout- ~130 (this may vary due to other options chosen for swingout)
Front Bumper weight

Installation tips, tricks, and instructions!

3rd gen. sliders installation:
DS bolts should go through from the frame to the outside so the nuts are on the outside of the frame this allows more room for the brake lines.
Thank you for engaging and posting a thread with all of this info/a hangout for folks with your products. This is what this forum is all about! (y)

Yessir we try and engage as much as possible. Having a contact with our customer base, trolling, and a good dialogue are the only ways we can provide and get better and offer more to everyone!

Teo
This is who we Affectionately refer to as the Twins. Their trucks, builds, and accessories are so close to each other it's not even funny. Coincidentally they have the same name too.

IMG_20190810_163223.jpg
Twins.. hmm
Schwartz and...

For anyone that didn't know we will be at Shamrock Shakedown this year.

Also just announced and it appears as though we will be headed to the great state of Texas for the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree will know 100% here within a little bit.

For anyone that didn't know we will be at Shamrock Shakedown this year.

Also just announced and it appears as though we will be headed to the great state of Texas for the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree will know 100% here within a little bit.
Oooooo that’ll be a blast

This is who we Affectionately refer to as the Twins. Their trucks, builds, and accessories are so close to each other it's not even funny. Coincidentally they have the same name too.

IMG_20190810_163223.jpg
@Mr. Nobody and I know a thing about twinning.

1FF0DFA8-32B5-467A-96A0-B2595A54E8DF.jpeg

We basically have the exact same build but with different brands.

@Mr. Nobody and I know a thing about twinning.

1FF0DFA8-32B5-467A-96A0-B2595A54E8DF.jpeg

We basically have the exact same build but with different brands.
That's pretty cool. Our twins are doing it down to the brands. Decked, softtopper, our over the top softtopper rack, our bumpers, skids, and sliders, switch pros, 35s, MESO customs, etc. It's almost hilarious because they buy the same stuff at almost exactly the same time. Once they get together again with all the stuff bolted on I'll get some more pics.

Those Black Rhino wheels are cool my only complaint about them is that they are heavy compared to the competition, even their spoke design wheels.

That's pretty cool. Our twins are doing it down to the brands. Decked, softtopper, our over the top softtopper rack, our bumpers, skids, and sliders, switch pros, 35s, MESO customs, etc. It's almost hilarious because they buy the same stuff at almost exactly the same time. Once they get together again with all the stuff bolted on I'll get some more pics.

Those Black Rhino wheels are cool my only complaint about them is that they are heavy compared to the competition, even their spoke design wheels.
They are heavy. But at least once you have your momentum going, the weight is less of a factor than it was during acceleration. Right? Or did I completely make that up. I don’t know science, lol.

True! Upgraded the brakes to hopefully help with that.
More friction area and piston area is really the way to go over just a pad and rotor swap, even though that's a good start. A bunch of guys have been swapping to the later 14+ 5th gen 4runner calipers, rotors, and pads. It requires you to run 17" wheels but you increase the piston area in the caliper, the pads are a good bit bigger and the rotors are slightly larger dia. but a good bit thicker thus can take more heat input. After helping with a few and setting them up. I would recc. getting the adapter and Sequoia master from SOS Performance (no relation) at least the stock 2nd gen MC just doesn't move enough fluid and get a little bit of a soft pedal.

More friction area and piston area is really the way to go over just a pad and rotor swap, even though that's a good start. A bunch of guys have been swapping to the later 14+ 5th gen 4runner calipers, rotors, and pads. It requires you to run 17" wheels but you increase the piston area in the caliper, the pads are a good bit bigger and the rotors are slightly larger dia. but a good bit thicker thus can take more heat input. After helping with a few and setting them up. I would recc. getting the adapter and Sequoia master from SOS Performance (no relation) at least the stock 2nd gen MC just doesn't move enough fluid and get a little bit of a soft pedal.
This is good advice to know. Thank you.

Just as an FYI we are still up and running at full bore. SC is opening back up and we are starting to work through the guys waiting for installs. All production hasn't slowed a bit. If ya'll have any questions or anything post it up.

Back