• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

solscooter Tacoma build

Took it to a local shop. The online shops didnt have what i want
Cool, I haven't even started looking yet so I appreciate the info. What bugs me the most is the glare off of the back portion of the hood closest to the cowl, but then again I might just run a front camera setup which would be an even better solution.

Cool, I haven't even started looking yet so I appreciate the info. What bugs me the most is the glare off of the back portion of the hood closest to the cowl, but then again I might just run a front camera setup which would be an even better solution.

That was the area i was addemant be covered. That glare was irritating

Exhaust installed. Muffler is one giant resonator. Not all that loud can drown it out easily with the system. Fine by me.

AC943F08-4A6A-4BDC-A421-1424E0827847.jpeg

Ps. That big ass chrome tip didntget installed

Can you post a sound clip? I had a Gibson muffler on one of my past trucks but I don't think I've heard one on a Toyota V6. I'm looking for something relatively quiet with a deep tone for the new truck. The MBRP we had on the '16 was nauseating.

Can you post a sound clip? I had a Gibson muffler on one of my past trucks but I don't think I've heard one on a Toyota V6. I'm looking for something relatively quiet with a deep tone for the new truck. The MBRP we had on the '16 was nauseating.

Yeah. Ill charge up the go pro

Almost got the mbrp too. Had a Race version on my '14 5.0 and loved it

Last edited:

@0uTkAsT here is a cold start up and a drive around the block. I can't hear any of this in the cab, I guess I sound deadened it properly. absolutely no drone that ive been able to detect.

im wondering if the raspiness at full throttle is really how it sounds or if its just the mic. gunna have to get the wife to chase me in her car for verification. I also wonder if it will mellow a little bit more w/ miles and time. i
I do like the lower RPM sounds.

@0uTkAsT here is a cold start up and a drive around the block. I can't hear any of this in the cab, I guess I sound deadened it properly. absolutely no drone that ive been able to detect.

im wondering if the raspiness at full throttle is really how it sounds or if its just the mic. gunna have to get the wife to chase me in her car for verification. I also wonder if it will mellow a little bit more w/ miles and time. i
I do like the lower RPM sounds.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for taking the video. It sounds like it might still be too loud dumped behind the cab.

added the bed stiffeners finally. gunna need to trim a few inches off the hi-lift now, they interfere w/ each other.

also added the cali-raised rear mount, it strikes the bed but I added some tape I had specifically designed to prevent rubbing and scratching (meant for bikes contacting car/trucks) and will have to see how it holds up.

VuA4wDUVROeT8qT7Wb03RA.jpg
swNXZrbdQI6qRG%Pyjw3lA.jpg
rPcoZU7rTAy6ku3gTs5JHA.jpg

Last edited:
Got the coax into the cab today for a CB. Will pull the passenger seat out later to get the rest of the set up and wire routing complete. Had to purchase a driver side mount as it seems the bed stiffeners closed the gap too much for this mount to remain on the passenger side

EDDAF277-B68F-44D2-9D8F-DC5C5D3763EF.jpeg

9BAFABDA-7992-4809-A746-130F83BD3C8C.jpeg

finished up the wiring of the CB, required taking out the passenger seat and 2nd battery to get it done right but its done.

S7u2grZGQuqrd1i7EzxZqw.jpg
kTIDA4sURnSM8cl0bPw3fw.jpg
MCOveNgeS1e2wgTiFHp6TQ.jpg
kmu0ihzfR3u2mDlh1SXKjw.jpg
fullsizeoutput_743.jpeg

Attachments

• YI7L%n6ORVmvKLn9SOtZ1w.jpg
    YI7L%n6ORVmvKLn9SOtZ1w.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 128
getting awfully expo/overland in here.......... :(

Mehhh. HPS intake tube

FD7DDC27-C265-45FA-9F17-FD38C4B68674.jpeg

Red wire in the back is the power wire for the CB recently installed. Will be getting it in the loom to hide it eventually

Mehhh. HPS intake tube

FD7DDC27-C265-45FA-9F17-FD38C4B68674.jpeg

Red wire in the back is the power wire for the CB recently installed. Will be getting it in the loom to hide it eventually
What do you think of the tube?

Back