• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Software update causing Brake Override light and “limp mode?”

longapollo

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD Off-Road double cab long bed

First time posting here…

Light came on, truck lost power, stranded in the Sierras; tech said it was caused by a software update that was needed. I asked “was it something that I missed?” He said no, I wouldn’t have known about it, so I’m like, what the hell?

Has anyone ever heard about this? He said it was under warranty so I didn’t pay a thing, but something doesn’t feel right about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpeg
    IMG_0236.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 52
2019 are constantly connected to Toyota unless you specifically tell them to disconnect it. Even then I suspect they still download data from your vehilce without telling you. With the connection Toyota can push upgrades out unknown to you when ever they want. That's probably what happened. Once the remote update failed it probably required a hardwired connection to correct the upgrade process.

Upvote 0
2019 are constantly connected to Toyota unless you specifically tell them to disconnect it. Even then I suspect they still download data from your vehilce without telling you. With the connection Toyota can push upgrades out unknown to you when ever they want. That's probably what happened. Once the remote update failed it probably required a hardwired connection to correct the upgrade process.
Interesting. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
Back