• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Snorkel

MikeSnow25

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
Am I the only one that can not get behind putting a snorkel on a 16+ Tacoma??

I just dont believe it's worth going deep enough in water to be worth the risk. Especially because of how much electronics are in this truck just because your truck can breath consent protect it from getting in the cab.

I just dont believe it's worth going deep enough in water to be worth the risk. Especially because of how much electronics are in this truck just because your truck can breath consent protect it from getting in the cab.

I agree with you there, in order to use the snorkel to keep water out, other parts of the truck need to be addressed too. The breathers, electronics, etc.

There is another pro to having a snorkel though. If you travel/ wheel/ live on a really dusty road, it really does keep the dust down that goes into the air filter. I personally know this as I used to blow out my filter after every trip off-road (a lot of dust would come out) and now I barely have to do it after a half a dozen wheeling trips.

I can understand that. I am just saying that a snorkel would have better use on a older pickup. Like I had an 1994 Toyota pickup, I would love to put a snorkel on that strip out all the unnecessary wiring and see how far it could take me

Definitely a good thread I have a new look on snorkels now. I don't think they are for me but I just learned more about them thank you
Thanks for that comment. It makes me feel like the forum is helping someone (not that I don’t think it does). :)

When you need one, you need one. Especially in dust/snow. I was tired of getting snow jammed in my factory airbox, so I was considering it. The AFE intake solved the issue.

Back