• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Smith Point outer beach?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
What is the status of the beach? I literally grew up on this beach in my dad’s Blazer. It spoiled me; the only way I like to beach now is by driving right on. @KramerfromLI

@Tyler After hurricane sandy "burma road" as it was refered to as was completely washed out and the great south bay basically comes up to the dunes now. The beach at that point was only open for a mile and filled up on weekends by about 9 am. Skip ahead to last year the whole beach was finally reopened to off-roaders and fisherman alike. day tripping is only opened to cut 1. After cut 2 to the inlet is only about 700 feet wide now and only open to fisherman. I love this beach and like you said once you drive on to the beach you never want to lug your crap on the beach ever again! I love fishing this beach plus having a leg up on people and being able to drive all the way down the inlet now is nice.

@Tyler After hurricane sandy "burma road" as it was refered to as was completely washed out and the great south bay basically comes up to the dunes now. The beach at that point was only open for a mile and filled up on weekends by about 9 am. Skip ahead to last year the whole beach was finally reopened to off-roaders and fisherman alike. day tripping is only opened to cut 1. After cut 2 to the inlet is only about 700 feet wide now and only open to fisherman. I love this beach and like you said once you drive on to the beach you never want to lug your crap on the beach ever again! I love fishing this beach plus having a leg up on people and being able to drive all the way down the inlet now is nice.
Dang, that’s sad. Those cuts gave me 20+ years of fun. So you can or can’t get to the fishing point at the end still?

you can but, you have to have a "marine fishing permit" now. its free because enough people complained. You have to be actively fishing so all that entails is everytime you see the beach nazi coming down the beach just walk towards your pole in the sand lol

Back