• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

slide on camper newb

WifesTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Hey sooo I'm brand new to this forum as my wife and I just picked up a 2020 tacoma sport long bed a few weeks ago after loving my 2019 4runner TRD Pro so much. Now we are looking into purchasing a four wheel camper or some sort of slide on camper (without breaking the bank). Basically what I'm looking for is what type of campers do people recommend and if upgrading suspension is a totally necessary? I have found a few on fb marketplace I'm interested in but not totally sure if they will fit or are too heavy. I found this camper (pictured below) for a decent price. Any thoughts? comments?
92926921_3469239396425731_8191101777114824704_o.jpg

Do you camp that much that you need to buy a camper? Is there a convenience too buying a camper? I understand it will keep you a bit more safer from the hungry mammals out there. I like camping but I settled for tent, it's so much easier to get on the road the next day. It just seems to me I see a lot of campers turning green from lack of use I suppose. That's a nice camper you have pictured there, good luck.

Do you camp that much that you need to buy a camper? Is there a convenience too buying a camper? I understand it will keep you a bit more safer from the hungry mammals out there. I like camping but I settled for tent, it's so much easier to get on the road the next day. It just seems to me I see a lot of campers turning green from lack of use I suppose. That's a nice camper you have pictured there, good luck.
As much as I possibly can. Just about every weekend over the summer and would love to start winter camping at the mountains. I’ve been living the rtt life for a few years now, on my old Jeep and now my T4R Pro. I started out with just an air mattress and seats folded down so I guess it’s just a matter of wanting an upgrade. I also now have 2 dogs that come just about everywhere with us so more room the better and I do feel a camper would be much more convenient, especially when the kids start coming along. Kind of a more permanent setup if you would.

Attachments

• AF630D3C-4E2C-4DA9-A6C7-C228BFEAD37D.jpeg
    AF630D3C-4E2C-4DA9-A6C7-C228BFEAD37D.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 72
Back