• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Silver '17 DCSB TRDOR 6MT Build

mendo707za

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
This will be the slowest build in the history of builds. I'll update as I make upgrades, but really this thread will be more of a wish list (wants > haves)

In the wild at the dealership
bQ_640.jpg

Pretending like I know what I'm doing (I really need to take better pictures)
Capture.PNG

IMG_01211.png

Last edited:
This will be the slowest build in the history of builds. I'll update as I make upgrades, but really this thread will be more of a wish list (wants > haves)
Nothing wrong with that! I'm not that fast either. I enjoy wheeling as hard as I can with the least I can and then upgrade where seen fit.

It's good until you did what I did which was not have rock sliders when I definitely needed them. :cry:
Oh man! I saw that video and cringed when it happened. Coincidentally, sliders are the first thing I'm getting. Hopefully I'll find some that also stick out enough to double as side steps and protect from parking lot dings.

I will say tho, as heartbreaking as it may be, dings and dents put you in a different, more rugged class

Oh man! I saw that video and cringed when it happened. Coincidentally, sliders are the first thing I'm getting. Hopefully I'll find some that also stick out enough to double as side steps and protect from parking lot dings.

I will say tho, as heartbreaking as it may be, dings and dents put you in a different, more rugged class
Yup. I like to think of it as a "he actually uses his truck" type of thing, that way I don't dwell on it much. Most sliders will stick out enough to do what you want them to do, so you'll be good there.

Back