• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Shopping List / Ambassador Code Requests (Winch, Recovery, Brackets, Etc.)

ct__tacoma

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Morning folks,

After many late night research sessions, ven diagrams and considering my needs, I’ve put together a shopping list for the front end recovery makeover. I was curious to see if any of y’all have been bestowed with an ambassador/discount code you might be willing to share.

I would like to make all purchases ASAP, though am able to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday at the latest if it means a little savings.

I’ll list the manufacturers/products I indent to purchase, and lastly, I do have a question re: winch hook options (below).

WINCH: Smittybilt XRC Gen3 9.5K w/ synthetic cable - 98695

Decided on this winch given price point, reliability and reviews of multiple past and current products. Winch comes with prespooled synthetic line and aluminum fairlead.

WINCH MOUNT: RRW Hidden Winch Mount

It was between them and CBI but from what I can tell, CBI’s is no longer in production— I can’t find it on their site and the only other listing is on TacomaBeast, which is sold out/unavailable.

RECOVERY POINT: ARB Front Recovery Point

I couldn’t find another equally rated option for a front recovery point independent of a dedicated bumper; although, this seems to check most boxes including weight rating and angled recoveries up to turning radius of truck.

LIGHT BAR MOUNT: Cali Raised LED Upper Grille Hidden Mount

I already have their 32” dual row mounted to the lower grille hidden mounts, just need to move the light up to make way for the winch.

HOOK QUESTION: Which terminal linkage device do y’all recommend? I’ve been drawn to the factor55 ultra hook and flat link options (with their rope guard plate), as my goal is to have everything tucked/flushed as much as possible, even if maybe concealed behind the front license plate. Those two seem to be among the more reliable, safe, and highly reviewed options out there, but I am certainly open to any real world experience y’all may have.

Appreciate any advice, thoughts, or codes in advance!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day,
Joel

Back