• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Seriously Done With Runnin 4 Tacos

nickyreno

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
It’s high time they stop working on YouTube views and start working on actually being an online retailer.

May of last year I bought Lil B’s bed stiffeners from R4T the same day I received an in stock notification - only to receive an email 3 days later saying they were out of stock until the upcoming Thursday. Annoying, but no big deal. Until I follow up that Friday asking for a tracking number - 2 days later I get a response saying the item hasn’t been shipped out of their warehouse. 3 weeks later I get them and still paid full boat for shipping. Zero fucks given from R4T.

Saturday I order some RR7-H wheels from them. Chose to order from R4T and not from Relations Race Wheels directly because R4T showed they were in stock on the aluminum protection rings - whereas RRW had 5 wheels in stock but no rings at the time.

Then again, 2 days later I get a notification from R4T that they are out of stock on the wheels. To make matters worse, the 5 that were in stock at RRW are now gone. Then they have the audacity to ask me if I want my order cancelled and my money refunded. Like what the fuck else are you going to do? You want me to let you keep the money as a reward for sucking? No shit refund my money.

So all I get out of the deal is my time wasted - again, and the joy of having my email sold to their 3rd party tracking system so they can continue to spam me for tracking of an item I’m not going to receive. I also get to wait until these wheels come back in stock to also pay full price for them because they were a pre-order promo.

Twats.

Anymore I always try to go straight to the maker of the product if possible. I try to support local businesses but they never seem to have anything in stock. If I have to wait why pay the extra mark up most shops add on.

Then they have the audacity to ask me if I want my order cancelled and my money refunded. Like what the fuck else are you going to do? You want me to let you keep the money as a reward for sucking? No shit refund my money.
@Paige read your post and she was dying at this part.

We are sorry for your loss. But this thread will probably now come up on Google when people search for runnin4tacos.

They are a popular shop, great ( YouTube videos)...a small shop like there’s most likely unable to direct ship or keep a large inventory of everything...
Thanks for sharing there lack of filling orders...I was going to order a few things...NOW ,not so sure?
Ordering anything to Hawaii...shipping cost extremely HIGH!
Aloha,

It’s high time they stop working on YouTube views and start working on actually being an online retailer.

May of last year I bought Lil B’s bed stiffeners from R4T the same day I received an in stock notification - only to receive an email 3 days later saying they were out of stock until the upcoming Thursday. Annoying, but no big deal. Until I follow up that Friday asking for a tracking number - 2 days later I get a response saying the item hasn’t been shipped out of their warehouse. 3 weeks later I get them and still paid full boat for shipping. Zero fucks given from R4T.

Saturday I order some RR7-H wheels from them. Chose to order from R4T and not from Relations Race Wheels directly because R4T showed they were in stock on the aluminum protection rings - whereas RRW had 5 wheels in stock but no rings at the time.

Then again, 2 days later I get a notification from R4T that they are out of stock on the wheels. To make matters worse, the 5 that were in stock at RRW are now gone. Then they have the audacity to ask me if I want my order cancelled and my money refunded. Like what the fuck else are you going to do? You want me to let you keep the money as a reward for sucking? No shit refund my money.

So all I get out of the deal is my time wasted - again, and the joy of having my email sold to their 3rd party tracking system so they can continue to spam me for tracking of an item I’m not going to receive. I also get to wait until these wheels come back in stock to also pay full price for them because they were a pre-order promo.

Twats.
could you get them somewhere?

Most of them sell something and then pass on the order info to the maker anyway.
I'm very tempted with ordering the no-cut bumper caps.

293d015ae48136960c07abc6dff9e5ee.jpg

Still waiting on a bumper from R4T. I’ve been trying to get in contact with them to ask some questions about it along with a few other things but nobody ever answers the phone.

My TRD Pro grill came from R4T and it took them two tries to get one that was 'acceptable'. Still has a minor defect that I was willing to live with. Agree, go directly to the source.

wow... i dont think i'll get anything from them unless its manufactured by them... something tells me that even so, i'll have problems.

Still waiting on a bumper from R4T. I’ve been trying to get in contact with them to ask some questions about it along with a few other things but nobody ever answers the phone.
What bumper? Even if you got it direct, it would probably still be delayed and late. R4T has been great at replying to emails.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with a lot of online shops these days. There were a few places Ive called to check stock and they told me their website was incorrect. For what its worth, I haven't had any problems with R4T. I order from them periodically since they are local here in Denver and I can just pick stuff up.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with a lot of online shops these days. There were a few places Ive called to check stock and they told me their website was incorrect. For what its worth, I haven't had any problems with R4T. I order from them periodically since they are local here in Denver and I can just pick stuff up.
It's just the made to order stuff. They will always show it as in stock because they can always submit the order. But it doesn't mean they have it in stock on hand. The messed up part is a lot of the online shops do it for certain items that aren't custom ordered. Then don't mention it's backordered.

So my recent dealing with R4T.
There was a line on the bumper caps which could have easily been taken care of if they just sanded it before paint.
I pointed it out and they said it was the mold. They offered a full refund and pay for shipping.
They gave most of the refund and kept like $7-8. No big deal, but it's the inconvenience. If the new mold gets done, I might consider ordering them again.

Last edited:

Twats.
My name is Julian, with ToyTec Lifts. Come on in, we'll ACTUALLY take care of you!! Here at ToyTec, we give constant and never ending f... fu-uhm... funs, always! See you soon!
Julian,
ToyTec Lifts

I’m sure they just have everything drop shipped from the manufacturer. I ran into this situation last month with Niro Gear, I needed an axle shaft for my sons Titan and they showed 10 in stock and even reached out to them to confirm the inventory, so I ordered the shaft as they said it was in stock. 3 days later I got an email saying the order was delayed. So I waited a week and called them up and they told it was drop shipping that day from Dana. So I waited another week for email that showed it was shipped and nothing. So I called them again and talked to a different person who said it hasn’t been built yet and I asked him why it show still to this day a qty of 10 available and he couldn’t tell me.

I’m sure they just have everything drop shipped from the manufacturer. I ran into this situation last month with Niro Gear, I needed an axle shaft for my sons Titan and they showed 10 in stock and even reached out to them to confirm the inventory, so I ordered the shaft as they said it was in stock. 3 days later I got an email saying the order was delayed. So I waited a week and called them up and they told it was drop shipping that day from Dana. So I waited another week for email that showed it was shipped and nothing. So I called them again and talked to a different person who said it hasn’t been built yet and I asked him why it show still to this day a qty of 10 available and he couldn’t tell me.
Been thru this so many times with so many vendors. Sucks.

Some manufactures use "distributors" so you are pretty much forced to go thru a middleman.
But then again you usually get a better service warranty as well.

Many manufactures will sell to anyone THAT includes "vendors".
It also includes you!

Always try to buy direct from the manufacturer for a purchase / ship direct if possible.
Vendors are popular because they carried many manufacturers products, so the "one-stop" shop was an easy buy / ship.

Now we have way too many "Drop / Ship" vendors,..... you buy - they get - they make profit - they ship - you wait.

Back