• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Seat Jackers (Knockoff) - Not for Me

GTGallop

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I heard that Seat Jackers make the ride a little more comfortable, give you better road visibility, and create some room for goodies under the seat.

Full Disclosure:
  1. I'm 6'1"
  2. Weigh in at 275
  3. I'm almost 50
  4. Have automatic seats
  5. Bought knockoffs for half the price

With the exception of build and materials quality, these are identical to the name brand Seat Jackers. Same concept and same end result.
They were easy to put in, took less than 30 minutes from the time I started hunting for tools until the time I got them in. Hopped in the front seat for a test drive and didn't bother turning the truck on. What a PITA to get into the truck, not more comfortable, and maybe less, and yes I can see where they would give a shorter person a better more commanding view of the road, but I sat so high up I was going to have to lean sideways at every intersection to see when the light turns green.

The good news is that which takes 30 minutes to install also only takes 30 minutes to uninstall. Back in the box and going back to Amazon today.

I'd say if you are 5'10" and shorter, they may be for you. If you are a thinner individual you may have the torso that can bend slightly to flex in and out.
Not for me though. Seat Jackers? Big and Tall Folk Need Not Apply.

On the upside they did create an amazing amount of space under the seat. Would have been great for my Radio Install.

And why the hell does it make me pick a prefix when I post here?

Heard about these on a girls Utube channel. She's short so they worked great. I'm not the OP's height, but still don't find any need for them. Ialso think her seats weren't the electric seats with all the bells and whistles. Mine are and I found "my" spot. Now if I can just get car detail and dealer monkeys to leave it along I'd be happy. Hmm, I wonder what happens If I pull the fuse?

^^GENIUS!^^
They always seem to have the SHORTEST guy pulling cars around.

I wouldn't say it's just for height.

For me, it alleviated a lot of lower back pressure. Just the way it changed the angle of the seat.
I know some tall guys have mentioned adding them in just the front gave more head room. I think lifting the front and the angle of the seat would slightly have the driver sink down a little.

I wouldn't say it's just for height.

For me, it alleviated a lot of lower back pressure. Just the way it changed the angle of the seat.
I know some tall guys have mentioned adding them in just the front gave more head room. I think lifting the front and the angle of the seat would slightly have the driver sink down a little.
I think with the manual seats yes, but I think the automatic seats are angled a little differently - well obviously they are but more or less depending on the seat settings and adjustment..

For me w/o the jackers I have a comfortable 1nch and a half of head room maybe. With them I was much closer to the ceiling. Enough so that I was concerned about spinal compression in an accident.

I’m 6’3” and put the jackets on the front. Helped quite a bit with comfort.

I think with the manual seats yes, but I think the automatic seats are angled a little differently - well obviously they are but more or less depending on the seat settings and adjustment..

For me w/o the jackers I have a comfortable 1nch and a half of head room maybe. With them I was much closer to the ceiling. Enough so that I was concerned about spinal compression in an accident.

You're making me upset. 2019, $43k truck, everything but power seats. 2020, I was big mad. Lol.

You're making me upset. 2019, $43k truck, everything but power seats. 2020, I was big mad. Lol.
It's interesting how minor convenience features that I had on a 2007 Titan and 2013 Fusion, which I assumed would become ubiquitous and obviously standard on every vehicle moving forward never really did. I realize that every little thing adds to weigh (factored into emissions eventually) and cost and manufacturers are looking for ways to keep their products affordable but I'm not sure who they are talking to in order to make those decisions - seems like it sure isn't the customer.

Example - How much does the circutry weigh and cost to allow you to have a Mem-1 / Mem-2 for the automatic motorized seats? At least with Manual seats I can start with everything in the rear and lowest most position and count clicks like dialing in windage and elevation on a scope. But with automatic seats I find myself counting seconds of motion and never quite getting it back to right after my wife drives. But 16 years ago the Nissan (of all things) Titan had that figured out. It also had a rear windo that rolled down into the cab wall like your side windows do. This meant that about 2/3 of the window was open and if you wanted to leave it cracked, that crack was at the top not vertically - so you could cover it with one of those gutter vents. Again - 16 years ago and on one of the lower tier manufacturers.

My Fusion and Titan - If I held the unlock on the fob all the windows rolled down. In Phoenix where it can be 117 degrees outside, it can be 135 inside your vehicle. Nice to "Pre-Vent" that heat when you are walking across the tarmac to your vehicle. But sadly that was missing from my 2019 Ranger and from the 2023 Tacoma. What does that feature weigh / cost? I know aftermarket you can add it to the Ford for about $350, maybe the Tacoma too.

It boggles me the things that aren't standard, or at leas standard on the Mid-Tier trim levels and above.

It's interesting how minor convenience features that I had on a 2007 Titan and 2013 Fusion, which I assumed would become ubiquitous and obviously standard on every vehicle moving forward never really did. I realize that every little thing adds to weigh (factored into emissions eventually) and cost and manufacturers are looking for ways to keep their products affordable but I'm not sure who they are talking to in order to make those decisions - seems like it sure isn't the customer.

Example - How much does the circutry weigh and cost to allow you to have a Mem-1 / Mem-2 for the automatic motorized seats? At least with Manual seats I can start with everything in the rear and lowest most position and count clicks like dialing in windage and elevation on a scope. But with automatic seats I find myself counting seconds of motion and never quite getting it back to right after my wife drives. But 16 years ago the Nissan (of all things) Titan had that figured out. It also had a rear windo that rolled down into the cab wall like your side windows do. This meant that about 2/3 of the window was open and if you wanted to leave it cracked, that crack was at the top not vertically - so you could cover it with one of those gutter vents. Again - 16 years ago and on one of the lower tier manufacturers.

My Fusion and Titan - If I held the unlock on the fob all the windows rolled down. In Phoenix where it can be 117 degrees outside, it can be 135 inside your vehicle. Nice to "Pre-Vent" that heat when you are walking across the tarmac to your vehicle. But sadly that was missing from my 2019 Ranger and from the 2023 Tacoma. What does that feature weigh / cost? I know aftermarket you can add it to the Ford for about $350, maybe the Tacoma too.

It boggles me the things that aren't standard, or at leas standard on the Mid-Tier trim levels and above.

They have it on the 4R and Camry. Which can be enabled with Techstream... So some vehicles have the function, it's just not enabled. So it doesn't really cost them much or anything.

Everyone is different
I’m 5’11”
I’m 56
My lower back is nearly destroyed
I do have a power driver’s seat
The Seat Jackers work well for me

I can see the issue taller folks may have. However, most taller and heavier guys would be much better off in a Tundra than a Tacoma

Back