• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SCS or Method

airtaco31

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hey ya'll I have a silver taco, and am conflicted on what wheel to get. I am deciding between SCS's Ray 10 (either matte gunmetal or matte black) or Black Method NV's.

I really like all of these options, but I think the SCS R10 Matte Gunmetal is the most unique out of all of them.

Opinions or Pictures?

Silver Taco as well....... would love a set of Ray 10's in Gunmetal

make sure to post up some pics when you get these installed

I will do for sure. Here’s a pic of them waiting back in Cali to be installed!!

Attachments

• 2AF1320C-A2C6-435F-9A2E-0A40A04F43E9.jpeg
    2AF1320C-A2C6-435F-9A2E-0A40A04F43E9.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 215
Trying to decide on the method nvs and scs sr8. Looking at scs site it shows the 16x8 4” backspacing. Wondering how that would fit under stock trd, I really don’t want to throw rocks/mud all over the side. Planning on wrapping them in the stock wrangler tires until I need new ones. Anyone have these, or know how it might sit?

Trying to decide on the method nvs and scs sr8. Looking at scs site it shows the 16x8 4” backspacing. Wondering how that would fit under stock trd, I really don’t want to throw rocks/mud all over the side. Planning on wrapping them in the stock wrangler tires until I need new ones. Anyone have these, or know how it might sit?
That’s a pretty normal setup. With the stock tire size, you will probably notice less than or equal to an inch of tire showing outside of the fender. If you got wider tires, you’d probably see an inch but not more.

This one has 4.5” backspacing:
1579953019238.jpeg

That’s a pretty normal setup. With the stock tire size, you will probably notice less than or equal to an inch of tire showing outside of the fender. If you got wider tires, you’d probably see an inch but not more.

This one has 4.5” backspacing:
1579953019238.jpeg

those look pretty good. They don’t look like they poke out very much. I think with tires I wouldn’t go any wider If I didn’t have to.

Yeah, then you will like the wheels you want for sure.

Oh yea! But my next concern is with that offset on a non lifted truck will be a rubbing issue I would think?? I’m not sure if I will ever level it. I’ve got questions about leveling too, but I’ll save that for another thread haha. Maybe a shell with a offset that better matches the stock wheel ?

Back