• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Running 35s

MGMCOMA

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
for the people running 35s, I’m just trying to figure out what are the main things that you have done, i plan on having my lift, CMC and aftermarket bumper soon and instead of just doing 33s then 35s i want to just go straight for 35s and also stay on a 16” wheel which will be bronze method nv 305s. Any info or tips would be much appreciated!

for the people running 35s, I’m just trying to figure out what are the main things that you have done, i plan on having my lift, CMC and aftermarket bumper soon and instead of just doing 33s then 35s i want to just go straight for 35s and also stay on a 16” wheel which will be bronze method nv 305s. Any info or tips would be much appreciated!

I am running 35/10.50s so there maybe more work required to run 12.50s. CMC and pinchweld (bend, no cutting) and trimming to fender liner. Also, my lift is around 2.5-3”. I have a video on YouTube if interested in hearing about this size tire to fit- and the cmc/ pinchweld bending (TacomaDad)

I do know that if I did 12.50s I would run uca and would not be able to run the wheels I do right now.

I skipped the 33s and went from 265 70 right to the 35s and love it.

I am running 35/10.50s so there maybe more work required to run 12.50s. CMC and pinchweld (bend, no cutting) and trimming to fender liner. Also, my lift is around 2.5-3”. I have a video on YouTube if interested in hearing about this size tire to fit- and the cmc/ pinchweld bending (TacomaDad)

I do know that if I did 12.50s I would run uca and would not be able to run the wheels I do right now.

Ok so if you go to the 35/12.5s then you’d need the UCA, but right now you’re running stock UCAs and everything is fine? Cause yeah like you said i really don’t wanna go to the 285s then 315s i wanna skip straight to the 315s but i just need to find someone who’s running them to help me out a little so i don’t run into any trouble.
oh wow haha i actually what es your video today along with some others but i do wanna go straight to the 12.50s

Ok so if you go to the 35/12.5s then you’d need the UCA, but right now you’re running stock UCAs and everything is fine? Cause yeah like you said i really don’t wanna go to the 285s then 315s i wanna skip straight to the 315s but i just need to find someone who’s running them to help me out a little so i don’t run into any trouble.
oh wow haha i actually what es your video today along with some others but i do wanna go straight to the 12.50s

I would definitely need to do the UCAs to clear 12.50s. There’s a quite a few on here that run 35x12.50s.

Well thats cool! Thanks for watching. ??

What he says ^

If you do the 12.5 you can run stock UCA’s (they won’t be happy, but it’ll work) but.. you need new rims or HAVE to run spacers.

And you’ll have to trim the fenders (about 1.5 inches) CMC, and beat in the pinch welds. You’ll also have some inner fender lining rub, which will clear itself over time.

If you do the 12.5 you can run stock UCA’s (they won’t be happy, but it’ll work) but.. you need new rims or HAVE to run spacers.

And you’ll have to trim the fenders (about 1.5 inches) CMC, and beat in the pinch welds. You’ll also have some inner fender lining rub, which will clear itself over time.
Awesome thank you so much! This is all really helping now i just need to order everything and get to work on it while i have the time!

Back