• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ruh roh

DADZTACO

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully you guys are having a better night than I!

Attachments

• E9776923-6C64-4B8A-8584-BB29BCBEC87E.jpeg
    E9776923-6C64-4B8A-8584-BB29BCBEC87E.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 177
Happened to me before cuz my foot was on gas and brake when I started the car to move it forward slightly. I turned it off, waited a bit and started it back up. Seemed to be fine but that scary error was still there. I researched a bit and what cleared it for me was turning the engine off, then start it...I did this 5 times and the error cleared. My 15K service was 2 days later and I told the tech. They found no issues except then I had foot on brake and gas when starting it. Hope it’s the same deal for you.

Upvote 0
Happened to me before cuz my foot was on gas and brake when I started the car to move it forward slightly. I turned it off, waited a bit and started it back up. Seemed to be fine but that scary error was still there. I researched a bit and what cleared it for me was turning the engine off, then start it...I did this 5 times and the error cleared. My 15K service was 2 days later and I told the tech. They found no issues except then I had foot on brake and gas when starting it. Hope it’s the same deal for you.

Unfortunately my deal is a throttle body actuator code. The dealer would not look at my truck until it came back in. So I waited for it to come back and here we are getting towed to the dealership.

Man some of these pages get salty when you post a problem with your truck. I’ve been banned from two Tacoma pages on Facebook and the second was just a few minutes ago for posting this same picture and saying “buy a Toyota they said..” What a shame!

Upvote 0
My baby on the tow rack

Attachments

• 247E818F-40E6-4929-B98F-4D1FF2B15A93.jpeg
    247E818F-40E6-4929-B98F-4D1FF2B15A93.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Anyone know if I should run out to dealership before morning and flash back to stock? Have OV 87 loaded right now...

Upvote 0
That sucks. Both about the truck and the other pages. I mean shit happens

Upvote 0
That sucks. Both about the truck and the other pages. I mean shit happens

I got banned I think for lipping off to an admin. He asked why I posted the picture if I didn’t need help to my problem. ??‍♂️

Upvote 0
Can I be super noob here and ask what you mean by OV87? Is that a chip? Forgive my ignorance and thanks
Orange virus tuning. 87 octane tune. Supposed to help with the gear hunting problem. Didn’t notice much of anything. Others love it, I think it was a waste of $700.

Upvote 0
I dont orange virus does it but I know the pedal commander if it wasn't fully plugged in that code comes up and does that, idk if the orange virus is plug and plug or if you leave it in

Upvote 0
I dont orange virus does it but I know the pedal commander if it wasn't fully plugged in that code comes up and does that, idk if the orange virus is plug and plug or if you leave it in

Supposedly OV doesn’t void warranty as most dealerships don’t detect it. Guess we will find out. And OV is a flash so there is nothing permantely plugged in.

Upvote 0
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it gets fixed up and taken care of by the dealer.

I’m sure it’ll get fixed up. Question will be if I’ll keep my warranty or not. I went back to dealership and tried to flash back to stock but it wasn’t working so I left as is ??‍♂️

Upvote 0
I’m sure it’ll get fixed up. Question will be if I’ll keep my warranty or not. I went back to dealership and tried to flash back to stock but it wasn’t working so I left as is ??‍♂️

Yeah, I typically have bad luck when it comes to warranty stuff on my own cars. So I know the feeling.

You may know already but keep the magnuson moss warranty act in mind. I was told about not to long ago and it found it interesting. Felt like I had a leg to stand on with the dealerships if and when a I had an issue.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I typically have bad luck when it comes to warranty stuff on my own cars. So I know the feeling.

You may know already but keep the magnuson moss warranty act in mind. I was told about not to long ago and it found it interesting. Felt like I had a leg to stand on with the dealerships if and when a I had an issue.

That came in handy for me a couple years ago. I purchased a new Nissan Titan XD with the 5 liter Cummins. It was lemon lawed and Nissan actually bought it back. That thing was an absolute nightmare.

Upvote 0
That came in handy for me a couple years ago. I purchased a new Nissan Titan XD with the 5 liter Cummins. It was lemon lawed and Nissan actually bought it back. That thing was an absolute nightmare.

Well that’s good news then! I have not heard a single good thing about those trucks

Upvote 0
Well that’s good news then! I have not heard a single good thing about those trucks

Wouldn’t start even when plugged in below 10*F. Two head units, injectors, door handle fell off, headliner leaked water. 6 months of ownership, 10 tows, 37 business days in the shop.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the new performance tunes? They are much better

Upvote 0
Back