Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
What RTT are you rocking and what drove your choice.?

Taco_primo

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Access Cab
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
CVT MT Shasta extended stargazer. Since most tents like this one are all the same, it came down to ease of service (CVT IS 4 hours away) customer service and I just really liked dealing with the people there. Oh and this one came with annex included, big plus.

C6B23F0D-EF53-4846-8964-EE1B98572AF2.jpeg
E794AA7F-B74A-40C0-B094-91A83F8FC68E.jpeg

0uTkAsT

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
We had a Geo GT165A RTT for a little over a year and a half. We were driven primarily by size, features and price. It turned out to be the perfect size as we've found 55" RTTs are too narrow for our family and 80" RTTs are too large for our trucks (unless they're mounted over the bed and the cab on a Prinsu setup with a shell or something), but comparatively poor quality and many of the features we thought were "must-haves" ended up being more of a curse than a blessing for us.

img_20180521_070047-1612x1209-jpg.2947

We sold it and are in the market again, this time we are looking at the 23Zero Bondi. It has the same sleeping footprint as our GT165A, but appears to be much higher quality and does not have a bunch of "features" that we don't want such as annex rooms, atrium, window awnings, etc. It does add skylights, a much better ladder and several other nice things that our last tent was lacking.

moostache

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
Most likely picking up a 23zero Litchfield. Seems like it falls in between a CVT Shasta extended pioneer and summit at a pioneer price, and can be bought locally in Phoenix. I’m with 0uTkAsT that I think all the bells and whistles are meh, but the annex room itself fits our needs very well. May not fit your needs, so something to consider.

Bird dog

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
DJ
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
What about the Golddog tents? They are local.

Mr. Nobody

✓ • Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
CVT Mt. Shasta standard.

Mar2018_AnzaBorrego-3.jpg

Chosen because first off CVT has excellent customer service, and they have lived up that since we bought the tent. We needed a replacement piece, they sent multiples immediately with no hesitation.

Build quality is pretty top notch. I'm impressed with how well it's desgned. Super nice tent. Another selling point was the matress is a full 3" thick as opposed to most are 2.5" or less.

Would I get it again? Probably. The tent with our dog inside can get a bit small width wise, so I'm considering other wider options. I have no problems with the tent build itself, just the width can be a bit of an issue for us. Currently we're considering an iKamper, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon.

0uTkAsT

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
What about the Golddog tents? They are local.
I just checked them out since you mentioned them... I'd never heard of them until now. Looks like they offer decent re-hashes of the standard Chinese tents, only with aluminum skin on the floor, which is nice, but they didn't beef up any other components vs. their typical competitors, and they really don't offer anything to make themselves appealing, especially for the price point. They only offer 56" wide models, even the most basic unit still has the typical window awnings, they only have standard colors, use 5/8" poles and 280gsm fabrics, etc. I also find their logo to be big and gaudy... a non-issue for some, but I hate that. Many are guilty of it and I wish the trend would stop.

I like that the 23ZERO Bondi has the open roof, two vents per half, unique double side windows, 1" frame, 320gsm fabrics, blah blah. That's why I'm going with it for the next tent.

Bird dog

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
DJ
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I agree with you about the 23zero tents. I just like helping out local businesses if possible.