• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Routes for running a CB antenna cable?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hello friends! So I finally got my CB and I'm looking for the best way to run the cabling into the cabin. I'm using the Cali Raised mount off the tailgate and then routing behind the tail light. The firewall gap I've been using doesn't seem like it would accept the plug due to sizeIt looks like there is a spot above the driveline that might let me come up in the console but I'm not sure how to access it from above. All suggestions welcome!

Also, I'd be curious to see where people have mounted their CBs and Mics...it seems odd we don't already have a post on this subject. I couldn't find one though

Last edited:
Routed mine along the frame rail and into the cabin through one of the rubber grommets under the passenger seat.

Went the easy route with the cobra all in
one.
1559F55B-A05C-4A51-86D2-6EC6ED6816AF.jpeg

27249C86-AE6B-4611-BEA8-479817A76ED8.jpeg

2266D821-456F-4D6C-AB93-8ED0D9DB27E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you ran the antenna cable in under the passenger seat? That looks like a good spot. I have to look under the cab for that one.

Upvote 0
Yeah. There are rubber plugs you can pull out. Drilled a hole in it then pushed the cable through the hole. Reinstall plug

18ft of cable would only reach that far from the driver side rear

Upvote 0
I have the same Cobra as @solscooter . In his pictures, that silver box for the radio is hidden inside the rear most portion of the center console, just below the rear cupholders. The antenna wire comes through a grommet about 5" behind there, just below the center of the rear seat. I then routed the handheld wire along the center console lower edge on the passenger side. The wire comes out in the passenger footwell. When the handheld is not in use we just stuff the handheld under the passenger seat.

Upvote 0
I did a stryker sr89mc. All the controls are on the handheld and the main radio is mounted under the pass seat. Added a ethernet port near the QI charger for the handheld.
20170108_165226 (1) (1).jpg

Yes the shift knob is backwards in this pic lol.

Upvote 0
I manged to get it run and it was pretty easy. I made a video I just have to edit and post it. Spoilers: there is a plugged hole right above the driveline that goes right to the bottom of the console.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back