• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Rough Country 6” Lift Kit To The Total Chaos Long Travel Suspension Conversion Problems!

Huck89

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
I Purchased a 2019 Tacoma that had the Rough Country 6 inch lift and that also had the frame cut. I’m thinking of going to a Total Chaos Long Travel suspension and I’m wondering how will I rectify the incomplete frame now? Does anyone have any experience with this, or know what the best course of action would be?

Agree with @StormRnr , anything to get you back to OEM will probably have to be custom ironically. Check out the JD lower control arm mounts, It might give you a decent place to start. You will most likelly have to figure out the diff mounts though.

Rough Country rides like shit. We have 40K$+ trucks, put a good kit on it. Not sure what specific companies will have a 6" lift that rides smooth. I'd check Fox and OME, those are the most common lifts I see but usually 2-3" not 6" I'm not sure... Still worth checking

It does okay for now, I purchased the truck with the lift on it (not the one I would have chosen) that’s why I’ll be going with the Total Chaos long travel in the near future, once the wallet allows it lol.

It does okay for now, I purchased the truck with the lift on it (not the one I would have chosen) that’s why I’ll be going with the Total Chaos long travel in the near future, once the wallet allows it lol.
Very smart and understandable lol. I'm holding off on lift and tires once the wallet and gas prices settle down. I mean we don't get great mileage but I';; enjoy my average of 20 mpgs to work and back instead of dropping to probably around 14 haha

I’m not quite sure what my MPG’s at the moment, I should probably figure that out lol. I’ve added quite a few things so I’m not sure if it’s helped or hurt.

-Injen Intake
-RIPP Coil Packs
-Oil Catch Can (Doesn’t help or hurt I don’t think)
-URD High Pro Radiator
-URD Power Extractor Pipes
-URD Spec-U Exhaust
-All 4 Catalytic Converters deleted
-URD Short Throw Shifter
-Nitro Gears (5.29)
-Pedal Commander
-Pending the KD Max tune next week

So with all the above I’m definitely curious at where she’s sitting at with MPG’s.

Your truck tells you after every trip your trip average. You can also setup your little screen next to your speedometer to tell you basically whatever you want it to tell you

I’ll be honest I wasn’t aware of that haha, I just get in and rip it lol
Honestly that's what I did for a long time... I just recently learned if you turn the little knob left or right where your ODO is, it adjusts the brightness to that screen there too lol never knew that til I accidently did it myself :D

Your truck tells you after every trip your trip average. You can also setup your little screen next to your speedometer to tell you basically whatever you want it to tell you
Either way with larger sized tires it throws off the speedometer, thus making the MPG inaccurate. I calculate mine by setting my trip and how much fuel I use. My truck reads 3 mph faster than actual speed.

Either way with larger sized tires it throws off the speedometer, thus making the MPG inaccurate. I calculate mine by setting my trip and how much fuel I use. My truck reads 3 mph faster than actual speed.
Yea the spedo's gonna be off by a little bit, doesn't make too much of a drastic change tho, so the mpg page shouldn't be too off either

I Purchased a 2019 Tacoma that had the Rough Country 6 inch lift and that also had the frame cut. I’m thinking of going to a Total Chaos Long Travel suspension and I’m wondering how will I rectify the incomplete frame now? Does anyone have any experience with this, or know what the best course of action would be?
It’ll definitely have to be something custom u less you can find someone who kept that cut piece from their install.

We are in Cleveland, and sell total chaos, do custom fabrication, everything.

We’d be happy to help!
www.Neo-garage.com

It’ll definitely have to be something custom u less you can find someone who kept that cut piece from their install.

We are in Cleveland, and sell total chaos, do custom fabrication, everything.

We’d be happy to help!
www.Neo-garage.com
I have a custom quote from someone out in Cali for the total chaos front and rear suspension, I don’t know if you can match the discount given. If so I would love to work with you since you’re much closer lol

I bet I can, if not beat it!
I cropped the top portion because it had my info and the company info so just for security reasons. But, here’s the quotes for the front and rear.

Attachments

• 567A98F3-90B0-480C-A3F2-F4D279214349.jpeg
    567A98F3-90B0-480C-A3F2-F4D279214349.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 58
  • F58FC306-5CA7-459C-BF1E-7BCC36F7BF13.jpeg
    F58FC306-5CA7-459C-BF1E-7BCC36F7BF13.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 59
Wait. If the speedo is off, then the trip take will be too, right? I thought both run off the same data. Or did you use GPS?

Wait. If the speedo is off, then the trip take will be too, right? I thought both run off the same data. Or did you use GPS?
I used GPS to determine how much it was off. yeah the trip should use the same for calculations. So honestly my mileage is probably not accurate either way without recalibration.

I've gone back to non-drop bracket before. I saved the part of my frame that I cut, but a fab shop should be able to make something for you. They will also have to do the whole lift install, though, since it will be apart on their hoist.

I've gone back to non-drop bracket before. I saved the part of my frame that I cut, but a fab shop should be able to make something for you. They will also have to do the whole lift install, though, since it will be apart on their hoist.
I’m definitely not looking forward to that price tag 😬

Back