• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rookie needing advice/guidance

TacoTime07

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Just purchased my first Tacoma ever! A beautiful 3G and I’m super happy! ? need guidance/advice on lifting, wheels, tires setup. I’m debating between 4” or 6” lift & not sure about what wheels would look good or what size to get. - offset wheels would be cool too! Also tires I have no idea what would not rub or cause me problems but still look great! I’m looking more for a less wheel more tire look. Sorry for my noob thread I’m just clueless with suspension modifications...thanks everyone ???

Attachments

• 06D0B58F-3EB4-457A-A21A-C6B29923A7E1.jpeg
    06D0B58F-3EB4-457A-A21A-C6B29923A7E1.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 101
@TacoTime07 Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you will continue to be happy with your purchase. Hard to give advice in general as everyones tastes is different, what I suggest is to look at others pics and find what you like, then send a message with specific questions. Good luck!

Welcome. Def good advice. You also want to think about what you want to do with your truck ie: off road, rock crawl, just pavement, tow, etc.. No need to spend $4k+ on long travel to get over the speed bumps at the mall or spend $200 on a 4" lift kit to go off road.

If you want more tire than wheel the. Staying with a 16 or 17 in wheel will allow for a meaty tire.

Good advise from all , 4"/6" :sneaky:duh go big or go home right! Who ever makes the lift kit should have a recommended rim/offset or backspacing/tire size to minimize potential rubbing issues
As to what wheels would look good , that's up to you everybody has there choice in style and color

Good advise from all , 4"/6" :sneaky:duh go big or go home right! Who ever makes the lift kit should have a recommended rim/offset or backspacing/tire size to minimize potential rubbing issues
As to what wheels would look good , that's up to you everybody has there choice in style and color

Yeah. Icon has recommended tire and wheel width recommendations listed.. But I still rub a little :cautious:

Yeah. Icon has recommended tire and wheel width recommendations listed.. But I still rub a little :cautious:
Sucks but finding a tire that is aggressive and doesn't rub is hard unfortunately, and that is were experimenting comes into play with different brands and models of tires

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! glad you made your way over here. if you were to do a 6" lift i would highly suggest going with a coilover designed for that size lift, Icon and King both make them for 6" lifts. Its my personal bias not to go with a spacer lift, only because i ran one if i could go back i would have chosen a coilover replacement to begin with. I believe the quality and longevity would make things less complicated down the line and you would be happier with the ride quality going with something along those lines. I know a guy when youre ready just hit me up in private message. As far as tires and wheels, it comes down to what kind of look youd really like to end up with. would you prefer bigger wheels or bigger tires, and would you want something tailored to be more offroad suited (same goes with the lift)?

Back