• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rooftop Storage Cases

Ibryant20

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ianbryantphotography.com
2019 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
Hey I couldn't find any threads on rooftop storage cases, might have just not searched for the correct terms.
I am curious what people are doing for rooftop storage cases like Pelican, Roam or other gun cases. And how did you mount them? drilling holes in the case is something I wanted to avoid but it doesn't look like the Pelican cases with mounting hardware are out yet.

So what are you running, how did you do it and how much did you spend.
Or if there is another thread please link it.

thanks in advance!
Ian

Plano case. I did drill holes, 4 carriage bolts, 4 wing nuts, 8 washers and 8 rubber washers (2 of each inside the case and out). Air seems to be getting in, I haven't had to vent it yet but the foam is staying dry.

Original link: https://youtu.be/BxX2uyHb2dc

Last edited:
I’ve ordered a Pelican Vault case for mine. I’ll mount it with carriage bolts and seal the holes with some rtv.

I prefer the Roam cases. And as for mounting I prefer to strap them down so I don’t have holes in them. And they can come off the rig when I don’t need them.
Second this. I use Roam boxes and strap them down.

The new pelican cases will have this option too.

As do the new 23Zero boxes.

I prefer the Roam cases. And as for mounting I prefer to strap them down so I don’t have holes in them. And they can come off the rig when I don’t need them.
The Roam cases seem to have limited internal volume relative to total volume with a big lip around the opening. Looks like they're built like a double wall action packer. Probably makes them stiffer than a cheaper case like a CaseCruzer. But they're the same price or more than a Pelican.

they do have a larger lip around the opening. but nothing that I find to be a hinderance. that extra lip really keep the elements out

Back