• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Roof nest on the prisnu rack

Tacoma537pro

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement

I ended up put spaces to lift it off the side rails a bit and I also detached the cross bar and measured because tightening is impossible when it’s on the rack. Hope this helps and people can improve on my design

About a week I’ve only taken it on the street. Not much noise sometimes I’ll hear it bump off the cap rack if I hit a big pot hole. I’ll let you guys know as I get more miles on it

About a week I’ve only taken it on the street. Not much noise sometimes I’ll hear it bump off the cap rack if I hit a big pot hole. I’ll let you guys know as I get more miles on it
Yes please, I have a softop (I don’t wanna remove it lol) so was thinking of running something similar like that on my prinsu rack so yea I’d appreciate the feedback ?

I ended up put spaces to lift it off the side rails a bit and I also detached the cross bar and measured because tightening is impossible when it’s on the rack. Hope this helps and people can improve on my design

I just looked a bit closer, is the tent spanning the shell rack and the cab rack? If so you will definitely want to move the tent mounting to just one or the other as the cab and bed twist and flex at different rates apart from each other. You would be placing competing stressors on the different rack mountings and that could be bad.

What did you use for the spacers? Pic? I need to put spacers on my bed rack to clear my antenna, looking at options...

A couple of reasons. Weight mostly to see if it sits better over the middle of truck vs. the back of the truck while off road. I also thought it might look better aesthetically but not sold on it. I figure I would try it out for function first. If it felt about the same but looked better I would move it forward. If it rides worse then just leave it.

A couple of reasons. Weight mostly to see if it sits better over the middle of truck vs. the back of the truck while off road. I also thought it might look better aesthetically but not sold on it. I figure I would try it out for function first. If it felt about the same but looked better I would move it forward. If it rides worse then just leave it.
I had mine over the roof thinking I would like the look of it but I eventually ended up disliking it. Felt like it looked like I had a parachute.

82ED323A-44AD-4C9B-9A34-F4C97E6D607D.jpeg
C23EF640-661D-43E3-8D1A-DC7618FB7147.jpeg

Hi haven’t been on in forever. Here’s a few photos of it collapsed. I didn’t mind it but I might move it over the back because the ladder gets in the way of the doors.

Attachments

• 3F28DC91-398E-46D3-AF97-A6859B5BA28B.jpeg
    3F28DC91-398E-46D3-AF97-A6859B5BA28B.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 4688B5F7-8CA2-40E0-959E-74504BD56202.jpeg
    4688B5F7-8CA2-40E0-959E-74504BD56202.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 155
I just looked a bit closer, is the tent spanning the shell rack and the cab rack? If so you will definitely want to move the tent mounting to just one or the other as the cab and bed twist and flex at different rates apart from each other. You would be placing competing stressors on the different rack mountings and that could be bad.

No it’s only on one rack but I have both racks so it extends over the other rack and it rubs occasionally.

Back