• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Rodent problems with my tacoma

Everett

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
My 2016 Toyota Tacoma smells like a dead animal when I turn on my heater has anyone else had this problem. It seems like it seems like a joke to me how any vehicle could be made with a problem like this today mice have been a problem forever what the hell did they forget to do?

Check your glove box for chewed up stuff. And like tyler said... pull the cab filter to see if they made there way in through the fresh air. Rodents have a way in if you dont turn on the canine recycle air button thing to block oi the incoming air from outside. My grandmas Ford Escape was ruined from mice bc of that. Parked it for a week without closing that vent and the mice made their way in

Upvote 0
I used to work at an automotive a/c place. You would be surprised how many cars came in with mouse nests inside the fan housing. In the summer, we would get at least 4 or 5 a week. It was ridiculous. Sometimes when they pulled the fan housing out, it was obvious that the mice had lived and died in the fan housing quite awhile before as the carcasses were all dried up and the presence of baby carcasses as well.

Upvote 0
Consider yourself lucky if they just made a nest and didn't eat the soy-based wiring. I know from personal experience that that is not a cheap fix. They love that sound dampening material under the plastic engine cover.

Upvote 0
Back