• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rockpals Fridge

kwill

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Some may be familiar with their battery packs but Rockpals is now producing refrigerators. This is ~27 liters and fits perfectly on a little platform I made to replace the 40% section of the rear seat in my Tacoma.
2ZzNRaG.jpg

Pn1t0QN.jpg

Yes, but I also have a battery pack to run it away from the truck. Or I can plug the battery pack into the 110V outlet seen below, plug the fridge into the battery pack and the battery stays charged when driving. When stopped the refrig runs from the battery pack, not the truck battery.
3Jmi95Rl.jpg

Yes, but I also have a battery pack to run it away from the truck. Or I can plug the battery pack into the 110V outlet seen below, plug the fridge into the battery pack and the battery stays charged when driving. When stopped the refrig runs from the battery pack, not the truck battery.
3Jmi95Rl.jpg

That’s kinda what I just did with my fridge, although not tucked away and neat. Battery jump box. Charge by day and used it throughout the night.

Is the battery pack hooked to a charger for when you do turn the truck on?

That’s kinda what I just did with my fridge, although not tucked away and neat. Battery jump box. Charge by day and used it throughout the night.

Is the battery pack hooked to a charger for when you do turn the truck on?
Yes, the 110V charger into the 110V outlet on the back of the console. The key is to get one that will act as a UPC, i.e. it will charge and discharge at the same time. I got the 330W Rockpals battery and the 100W Rockpals foldable solar panels. It is Chinese stuff but works well. The solar panels charge much faster than I thought, even on the big AGM battery in my trailer.

Yes, the 110V charger into the 110V outlet on the back of the console. The key is to get one that will act as a UPC, i.e. it will charge and discharge at the same time. I got the 330W Rockpals battery and the 100W Rockpals foldable solar panels. It is Chinese stuff but works well. The solar panels charge much faster than I thought, even on the big AGM battery in my trailer.

Cool, I got ya. thanks for the info! I need to add a port for my fridge and looking at options.

Back