• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question RIPP Superchargers COIL PACKS

Gap ‘em right and you should be fine.

well Bosch says they're pre gapped and not to touch it so i'm going to send it.
Double check them. Best to not leave it up to the QC, packaging and shipping to ensure your parts are in spec.

Double check them. Best to not leave it up to the QC, packaging and shipping to ensure your parts are in spec.
make sure the bosch plugs are gapped to what bosch says it should be? correct?

Jeremy
I noticed that you used a different flavor of spark plugs with the Ripp Coils. I was wondering if stock spark plugs would have worked better? I emailed Ripp Coils about upgraded plugs with the Coils, they said they only used stock. Just wondering if you think that had any part to play in the failure?
I used the ripp coils with both stock and the upgraded plugs at the time, no change.

I've had ripp performance coils for over 6months and they are going strong still

I had a horrible experience with RIPP and their coil packs...I tried them for 5-6 months, they dont really do anything. You may notice it on the top-end rpm spectrum but its minimal at best. About 4 months in I had a RIPP coil pack actually go bad on me as I was off-roading and it left me stranded since the truck couldn't accelerate or go past 5mph because limp mode. Was lucky to get one of my old coil packs delivered and I was all fixed...contacted RIPP the next day and they basically were not convinced their product went bad and refused to believe I was having issues, they reluctantly sent me a new one to replace it but what crappy customer service.

Once I put the OEM coils back in for 2-3months after I used the RIPP coils, it was night and day how much smoother the truck runs with the OEM coils. Theres no rough idle like there was with the RIPP, and acceleration feels a lot smoother.

My own opinion...your $333 is better served elsewhere on the truck
My ripp performance coils still going strong since my last chat on here

I don’t. If they were going to fail they’d have done it already. And if I didn’t have 100% confidence in an aftermarket part on my truck, I wouldn’t have it on my truck.

I don’t. If they were going to fail they’d have done it already. And if I didn’t have 100% confidence in an aftermarket part on my truck, I wouldn’t have it on my truck.
I thought the same but then 5 months later one did...glad you guys are having a better time with them than me :p apparently im the only one thats had issues so far with them

Do you notice a difference with them?

I thought the same but then 5 months later one did...glad you guys are having a better time with them than me :p apparently im the only one thats had issues so far with them

Do you notice a difference with them?
I did

Whats up everyone,
Wondering have any of you purchased RIPP Superchargers’ Coil Packs. If so, was there performance difference felt? They claim “to add an additional 20-30HP! This translates to better MPG, a more responsive throttle input and over all better driving experience when installed.” Price is 374.00 reg price but currently on sale and sold out.
I was wondering the same. Although the so called 20-30 HP are for the 4.0L motors and around 15 wheel horse power for the 3.5L motor. Me personally, I don't care about extra hp, but I do want to drive it without having to use the ECT button all the time. I was also hesitant to purchase after i saw that RIPP says they noted pre-ignition at lower RPM using 87 fuel, and with prices the way they are now, I don't see myself using the recommended 91 fuel every time I gas up. In the long run, not worth the upgrade especially if I can't use 87 fuel without the possibility of destroying the motor lol. And the 1 or 2 extra mpg, paying for that expensive 91 fuel. Screw that. In my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros.

Whats up everyone,
Wondering have any of you purchased RIPP Superchargers’ Coil Packs. If so, was there performance difference felt? They claim “to add an additional 20-30HP! This translates to better MPG, a more responsive throttle input and over all better driving experience when installed.” Price is 374.00 reg price but currently on sale and sold out.
I was wondering the same. Although the so called 20-30 HP are for the 4.0L motors and around 15 wheel horse power for the 3.5L motor. Me personally, I don't care about extra hp, but I do want to drive it without having to use the ECT button all the time. I was also hesitant that RIPP says they noted pre-ignition at lower RPM using 87 fuel, and with prices the way they are now, I don't see myself using the recommended 91 fuel every time I gas up. In the long run, not worth the upgrade especially if I can't use 87 fuel without the possibility of destroying the motor lol

Back