• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ring gear installation recommendations.

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
So I'm starting the process of regearing my rig. I know I am going with 5.29 and ARB lockers front and rear while everything is apart. Before I start buying parts I have a few questions. Would it be beneficial to try and source and buy extra third members and just send them somewhere like east coast gear to have them install the gears? That way I would have complete factory setups if I ever sell the rig and want to swap them out. Or is there a reputable place in the ohio or western PA areas that are competent in the regearing process?? It would be nice to keep the factory setups but it could get costly I'm sure. Finding a place local would be awesome because this is my daily driver and I cant afford to be without it while the front and rear end is torn apart waiting for them to come back. I checked the local 4x4 shop and they won't touch gears and cant think of anyone who will.

Last edited:
Back