• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rims

Kaboom

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have a 2017 toyota tacoma TRD Sport I just put on some trd pro sema rims on my truck didnt notice till my brother in law say my right back wheels are little wider then the others? Just need to know why is that?

I have a 2017 toyota tacoma TRD Sport I just put on some trd pro sema rims on my truck didnt notice till my brother in law say my right back wheels are little wider then the others? Just need to know why is that?
Because that's the size that you ordered

I know i order 17 but i want to know why the back right passenger is sticking out more then the others

all 4 rims and tires should be sticking out the same? not just one

I know i order 17 but i want to know why the back right passenger is sticking out more then the others
Sounds like you have an issue. Has the truck ever been in an accident? I'd head to the nearest alignment shop, they should be able to sort you out. Also some pictures would be helpful in this instance.

hahahah... Never been in accident Im the only owner and brought brand new... No alignment should be need it .. thanks for your help anyways
:unsure::unsure::unsure:🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

hahahah... Never been in accident Im the only owner and brought brand new... No alignment should be need it .. thanks for your help anyways
:unsure::unsure::unsure:🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Is the truck stock? If a lift or any suspension component has been installed/replaced, it's possible for it to be installed incorrectly. I'm trying to help narrow the issues down.

stock.... nothing replace just the TRD PRO RIMS SEMA with FAWKENS TIRES 265/70 R 17 on them

Measure things. Wheel width and offset, distance from spring to hub face. Compare side to side. Figure out where the problem is. If you got one wheel that is different, then there's your problem. If the wheels are the same, then it's something bigger.

-M

stock.... nothing replace just the TRD PRO RIMS SEMA with FAWKENS TIRES 265/70 R 17 on them
Are they actual TRD Pro wheels, or knockoffs? there's someone selling knockoffs with tires here on craigslist.

It might stick out a little, but it's not bad. It's pretty common. Try searching is and you'll see. Not just Tacomas, but Tundras and it goes onto other vehicles.

If it's really bad, are all of the tire sizes the same? Are you sure one wheel is wider than the others? You physically looked at it? Is the profile picture of the good side that isn't even? :) Where did the wheels come from? Were they from the dealership? Did you order them separate after buying the truck?

If they were genuine OEM wheels, they would be the same size, width, offset. I believe they are 17x7+4
If the right rear is wider, then there's your problem.
Check and make sure any markings on the inside of the wheel match the others. Make sure there's aren't spacers or a ring stuck on the inside by the hub. Each wheel should say PTR20-35110-XX somewhere.
Same tire size on all 4 wheels?
If everything is yes, then it's could be the bed is not centered or too centered. Might have to offset the bed to hide it from yourself. Lol.
Check it when you are low on gas and you've let the truck sit for a while. Could be the same thing that causes the driver side lean. More weight on drive side pulls it down, lifts the passenger side up giving the appearance it's out further.

Some have even re-aligned the bed and said it fixed it.
https://ridingtwoup.wordpress.com/2018/12/09/aligning-the-tacomas-bed-with-the-cab/

There's also one guy who put spacers on just the driver side. He said it was half off since he didn't have to buy a set of 4.

If you go look at the truck bed from the rear, is one side lower than the other?

Last edited:
Back