• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Remote Start with No Shutdown!?!??!

Is there a cellular remote start option? Like from an app on your phone?

N2 has a cellular app, but if you have the push start it still shuts you off when the door opens. If you have a key you're golden with their setup though. Would be interested if this kit has cellular as well, especially if we have another summer like last here in Phoenix.

FINALLY! Remote Start for 3G push start Tacomas that DOES NOT shut down when opening the door. You will be able to get in and drive off without restarting. We're dropping a pre-order now so you can take advantage of our Black Friday sale as well! Any questions let us know!

Source: https://youtu.be/3QQgyNUKnyA
Does this work on all third gen years? This is the most infuriating part of owning my 21.

N2 has a cellular app, but if you have the push start it still shuts you off when the door opens. If you have a key you're golden with their setup though. Would be interested if this kit has cellular as well, especially if we have another summer like last here in Phoenix.

Does this work on all third gen years? This is the most infuriating part of owning my 21.

Yeah. I have 12volt with the cellular. Wonderful in our freezing winters up here

Yes you can add the smart phone option to it or long range remotes as well! And yes it will work on all 16-23 Tacomas with the push start system.

Yes you can add the smart phone option to it or long range remotes as well! And yes it will work on all 16-23 Tacomas with the push start system.

FULL PLUG AND PLAY COMING SOON! Pre-Order Available NOW - Current ETA for shipping kits is late December / Early January. The sooner you get in line the sooner you get your order :)

Remote starter kit for your 2016 - 2023 Toyota Tacoma with the push start system. Start by pressing lock 3 times on your OEM fob or choose one of our long range add on options.

• All parts included complete KIT!
  • TAKEOVER INCLUDED! The vehicle will NOT shut down when you open the door!
  • Easy to program no dealer visit needed
  • Includes printed installation instructions
Compatibility Requirements

• 2016 - 2023 Toyota Tacoma w/ OEM Push Start System
  • Automatic transmission ONLY
  • 10th letter of VIN must be an G, H, J, K, L, M, N or P
  • Must be push start
  • Not compatible with normal key start ignition

Purchase Upgrade Options Explained - Choose Above

• 3x Lock From OEM Fob Only = No additional remotes to carry simply press LOCK 3 times on your factory remote to activate the remote starter.
  • 1-Way 1500ft = Comes with (2) 1-Button remote fobs for up to 1500ft range + 3x lock from OEM fob will work as well.
  • 2-Way 3000ft = Comes with (1) 1-Button 2-way remote fob and (1) 1-Way remote fob for up to 3000ft range + 3x lock from OEM fob will work as well.
  • Smartphone APP Phone Control = Start your car from your smartphone from anywhere in the world. First year of service is free, $39.99 each year after. 3x lock from OEM fob will work as well.
  • Full House: 2-Way 3000ft + Smart Phone Module = Comes with (1) 1-Button 2-way remote fob and (1) 1-Way remote fob for up to 3000ft range + the Smart Phone module + 3x lock from the OEM remote will work as well.

Can you modify the run time?

Rad. Is this PNP?

And also with this, are any features lost? (proximity lighting, locking/unlocking doors by touching the handle, etc)?

Last edited:
Rad. Is this PNP?
You should move to PA so I can kick you in the penor. ;)

1700253108089.png

You can use the OEM fob to unlock and get in OR the door handle to get in and takeover. Our current plug and play with takeover would require a wire cut and 1 wire to tap in for takeover, but yes 100% plug and play will be available shortly.

I read this, but sometimes pnp means cutting like 6 wires to different vendors.

You already know. I know most electronics do, but I think the Chinese sellers just throw in keywords for search optimization and then tell you them without knowing what it means.

1700254134707.png

FINALLY! Remote Start for 3G push start Tacomas that DOES NOT shut down when opening the door. You will be able to get in and drive off without restarting. We're dropping a pre-order now so you can take advantage of our Black Friday sale as well! Any questions let us know!

Source: https://youtu.be/3QQgyNUKnyA
Did anyone buy it?
Edit: Seems no.

Last edited:
would be interested in plug and play

not sure it is worth anywhere near $349 (to me)

maybe I am missing something and yes I did read the details or at least skimmed them haha

I got a Start X which works fine on my 2016 OR. Yes, shuts down on door opening. This new one that does not would be a bit much at $349. I went to site and price went up to $478.00 and I'll bet that's American dollars. Plus shipping I'll bet. That's $645.00 Canadian. I got my Start X for under $200 Canadian delivered to my home. Can't see the difference of $445 being worth it.

Back