• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recommendations from Tacoma 3G for suspension lift

Oc Taco Charlie Beach Bum

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
Greetings, I have a 2017 sport long bed. My second Tacoma. I have a nice built list going on. I am ready to do moderate upgrade to suspension. Looking at my budget for about $1500 for suspension, another $15g for tires. Budget for upper control arm 4-8 hundred. I have narrowed my search to basically 3 lift options
A OLD MAN emu 3in Medium load about $1400
B Bilstein 6112 setup 3in mid heavy springs/ Back shocks Icon 2.0 $1200
C Rev-Tech 3 inch, Coil over kit has upper control arms included $1650

A-B would need to buy upper control arms probably will end up being Icon
Tires, I am already sold on, going to go with Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295 70 17
and would like to rear gear it after that.
Thoughts???

Attachments

• truck on beach.jpg
    truck on beach.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 99
i have heard makes a huge difference, esp in gas, what lift are you using

The previous owner put on a spacer kit. Getting ready to pull that off and install OME BP-51’s or Fox 2.5 DSC’s, SPC UCA’s and Deaver leafs after I get the re-gear done.

The Cooper tires are pretty loud so I’m probably going to sell those and get either K02’s or Ridge Grapplers.

The tire guy told me they have lots of balancing issues with the coopers FYI. I took them in to have them road force balanced and one of the tires is pretty bad. There’s a lot of noticeable vibration. Too bad because they do pretty well otherwise

The previous owner put on a spacer kit. Getting ready to pull that off and install OME BP-51’s or Fox 2.5 DSC’s, SPC UCA’s and Deaver leafs after I get the re-gear done.

The Cooper tires are pretty loud so I’m probably going to sell those and get either K02’s or Ridge Grapplers.

The tire guy told me they have lots of balancing issues with the coopers FYI. I took them in to have them road force balanced and one of the tires is pretty bad. There’s a lot of noticeable vibration. Too bad because they do pretty well otherwise
ty, I pretty much figured on tires being loud, most off roads are, but ty for your information

I’d be happy to help you out and we can chat about all the different set ups and pros and cons of each to fine tune the best kit for your needs and uses.

We carry a lot of the options (some stuff currently out of stock) but always happy to help with a forum discount and free shipping :)

Shoot us a DM if you have any questions

www.neo-garage.com

I’d be happy to help you out and we can chat about all the different set ups and pros and cons of each to fine tune the best kit for your needs and uses.

We carry a lot of the options (some stuff currently out of stock) but always happy to help with a forum discount and free shipping :)

Shoot us a DM if you have any questions
I
www.neo-garage.com
Greetings, and Thank you, I am checking out your page now
i

Greetings, I have a 2017 sport long bed. My second Tacoma. I have a nice built list going on. I am ready to do moderate upgrade to suspension. Looking at my budget for about $1500 for suspension, another $15g for tires. Budget for upper control arm 4-8 hundred. I have narrowed my search to basically 3 lift options
A OLD MAN emu 3in Medium load about $1400
B Bilstein 6112 setup 3in mid heavy springs/ Back shocks Icon 2.0 $1200
C Rev-Tech 3 inch, Coil over kit has upper control arms included $1650

A-B would need to buy upper control arms probably will end up being Icon
Tires, I am already sold on, going to go with Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295 70 17
and would like to rear gear it after that.
Thoughts???
What kind of gear do you plan to have in the truck / over the bed? Roof top tent? Other stuff?

look up ironman4x4usa. i was skeptical of their lift kits because there was very little reviews on them but, i pulled the trigger and bought them anyways. Their liftkits are pretty solid. comes complete with uca, front coilovers/rear shock absorbers, and leaf pack plus bushing for around 1800$. Im happy with the lift kit. a bit on the stiff side for daily driving but, performs exceptionally off road. you will need to buy an extra set of leaf pack bushing as the kit only comes with 1 set for one side only. you wont be disappointed.

look up ironman4x4usa. i was skeptical of their lift kits because there was very little reviews on them but, i pulled the trigger and bought them anyways. Their liftkits are pretty solid. comes complete with uca, front coilovers/rear shock absorbers, and leaf pack plus bushing for around 1800$. Im happy with the lift kit. a bit on the stiff side for daily driving but, performs exceptionally off road. you will need to buy an extra set of leaf pack bushing as the kit only comes with 1 set for one side only. you wont be disappointed.
I have looked into them as well. very few reviews on them, but still thinking of them as well

What ever you do follow these two things
1. Don’t buy Dakar leafs
2. All ball joint UCA’s are the same
Ya, literally this.
Dakar’s ride STIFF and just kinda suck all around.

The only real uniball manufacturer is FK and 95% of the suspension brands use the same one just different size ball.

The tuner I installed isn't accurate. Do you guys just deal with the speed difference?

With so many choices of UCA, which is the easiest to maintain.
Is the adjustment of the SPC arms gonna help most rigs? Is using the SPC to fit bigger tires also fucking the caster at the same time?

With so many choices of UCA, which is the easiest to maintain.
Is the adjustment of the SPC arms gonna help most rigs? Is using the SPC to fit bigger tires also fucking the caster at the same time?
Yes and yes. Be able to really fine tune caster/camber can completely change your ride quality for the better and also prevent premature tire wear. You can also adjust as needed if you go up a tire size or whatever without having to buy another set of arms.

It’ll never hurt anything, only benefit with a lift installed.

SPC are 10% off this Labor Day weekend too and in stock! Use code “LABOR10” at checkout :)
https://www.neo-garage.com/collecti...spc-adjustable-upper-control-arms-2005-tacoma

Neo...
I'll buy my lift from you this weekend.
Nice sale prices.
SPC sounds like the choice for me.

My experience with add a leaves back in the 90s ruined me.
I've got to get full springs.
Icon or dobinson.... I think.

Did you end up getting the lift & SPC UCA’s? I’m in the process of doing a very similar set up but worry how much trimming has to be done in the front to fit the 285/75/R17’s?

now that you have had these for a while, how are they?

did you get the Foam Cell or Nitro?

I heard dobinsons makes good stuff lol
yes. I research your products as well. great reviews, tired to pull the trigger with a lift kit on 2-3 different nights. and unfortunately, the lift I was configuring on your page, had multiple parts out of stock. But, with that said. so has every company with covid. and I have heard nothing but good things about your products. Maybe next time

I had Dobinson springs on the rear of GX470 and I Liked them.

my thoughts for the Tacoma are a 2” lift, Dobinson or maybe Ironman or ToyTech. I want to keep the cost down, but improve the ride and off road. 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx.

your lucky, I have been waiting on Front Bilstein's 6112, I ordered Nov 6
That sucks, I hope mine date is good, but a little later won’t hurt me any.
I am probably going to make a trip to the Houston area this spring and visit my friends and do the install. My buddy is a fantastic mechanic and a master at wheel alignments.

Back