• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Recommendations for slow air leak sealant? Firestone airbags

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I want to put something in my Firestone airbags to see if it might help with the slow leak they have. I’ve never used these types of things. Has anyone used anything you can spray in tires/air lines/etc?

Upvote 0
Are you sure it’s not your hose connections and/or inflation air fittings? Had the same problem had to go through everything and re-tightened and replace.

Upvote 0
Are you sure it’s not your hose connections and/or inflation air fittings? Had the same problem had to go through everything and re-tightened and replace.
Idk, I did leak checks like 3 times over a 3-4 month timespan and never found a leak.

Upvote 0
Did you bubble soap all connections under pressure? That’s probably the only way you’re going to find out if there’s a leak in your system.

Upvote 0
So I had airbags before I went to Deaver stage one. The Schrader valves were leaking that was my leak point. I had to bubble soap every connection to find it. If you pump some sort of repair sealant inside those things I think you’re asking for trouble because it won’t work. Especially when you go to extreme low pressure would not under love you’ll probably get that ceiling up in your lines and then they won’t inflate.Just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with the Schrader valves. The sealant would not work like you are hoping for.

Upvote 0
Did you bubble soap all connections under pressure? That’s probably the only way you’re going to find out if there’s a leak in your system.
I did a few times. I was certain I would find the leak but found nothing. Had two friends confirm they didn’t see anything either.

Upvote 0
So I had airbags before I went to Deaver stage one. The Schrader valves were leaking that was my leak point. I had to bubble soap every connection to find it. If you pump some sort of repair sealant inside those things I think you’re asking for trouble because it won’t work. Especially when you go to extreme low pressure would not under love you’ll probably get that ceiling up in your lines and then they won’t inflate.Just my opinion anyway.
Good to know. I wonder if switching to Presta valves would help in this case? They’re used on higher quality bicycles.

Upvote 0
Back