• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Recent Entune 'Download Error'

NVTaco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Every two weeks I take a 3 hour drive over the Sierras and every-time I drive through Pollock Pines, CA (both to and from) I get the Entune "Download Error" message. I always hit OK and never worry about it or see it again. Two weeks ago, with my normal route closed due to a wildfire, I took the I-80 over to CA and I got the same error message as I drove though Colfax, CA. I hit OK as I normally due, however, now, every single time I start my Taco, I get the message. EVERY SINGLE TIME...

Any one have any idea what is going on and how to fix it?
20210827_075513.jpg

I checked the status, and it is up-to-date.
20210901_065945.jpg

Solved! It took some sleuthing, but I finally found the solution on a Camry Forum. To fix the Entune "Download Error, some Entune App Suite functions may not work as Expected. Please reinitiate the download process" message there are a few simple steps involved.
1. Uninstall the Toyota App from your phone.
2. Delete the Bluetooth connection to your phone on your headunit.
3. Delete the Bluetooth connection to your truck on your phone.
4. Re-download/install the Toyota App on your phone.
5. Work through the process to reconnect your phones Bluetooth.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
On my rav4 same thing. Modern computer coders don't test their work, and don't write meaningful or helpful messages. If they did, this latest Toyota problem wouldn't be all over the internet. My fix was similar...
1. Delete Toyota app
2. Delete scout gps app
3. Install Toyota app
4. Install scout gps app
5. Login to Toyota app
6. Login to gps app
7. Restart phone
8. Start your vehicle
It loses your GPS places so Home and Work need rebuilding.

I am amazed Toyota customer service and local dealer do not know about this issue.
Sept 26, 2021

Upvote 0
PS this Toyota message refers to entune, at least on my Rav4 it does. Whoever wrote this code for Toyota doesn't seem to know entune was obsoleted quite a while ago. Even another reason why Toyota computer coders need to clean up their messages.

Upvote 0
Back