• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recall - 20TA02 - Vehicle May Stall During Driving at Higher Speed

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
Anyone experience this? Is this was puts the truck in limp mode? I got the issue once and couldn't go over 10-15mph. Turned it off and back on which cleared it. Gave an out of the ordinary message.

Check it on the Toyota Owner's Site.

1649462210002.png

I had this recall done at the same time as the leaky rear light but I didn't have issues. I only had the truck a month or two by that time, though.

Judging by the wording I'd say that pump either keeps working or suddenly fails completely. That could just be legalese and not reality, though. I suppose it could trigger limp mode if the pump shut off for thermal protection or something else that's temporary and works again after restarting, but I'm only guessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting. My truck flashed a warning and went into limp mode last week. Took it to the dealer, it's still under warranty, and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. It did have an error code to do with the fuel system, but I don't have a list to know what it actually is. Took several hours to fix a non-existant problem. Now I wonder.

Upvote 0
Interesting. My truck flashed a warning and went into limp mode last week. Took it to the dealer, it's still under warranty, and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. It did have an error code to do with the fuel system, but I don't have a list to know what it actually is. Took several hours to fix a non-existant problem. Now I wonder.

It will tell you the service campaigns that come up for your specific vehicle.

Upvote 0
I didn’t experience any symptoms but had the recall done as soon as it was available. Also had the wife’s Camry done. The dealership did it when they did the used car certification when we bought out the lease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the fuel pump recall done right after I bought my truck. Been smooth sailing since

Upvote 0
Oh boy, Bobby Rahal is where I'm about it take my truck. Needs the annual plus trying to get all the recalls taken care of.
The one tech failed me for inspection because my light bars weren't tied into a relay with the headlights and I didn't have covers. The next year they failed me because my tires stuck out of the fender by .5".
After I removed the spacers and shoved that gardening cloth for weeds, I went back and the guy left. All the other techs were like I would have passed it. They wouldn't let another tech finish it up. They even voided my warranty for the factory headlights. There was a big batch of bad DRL boards. They kept swapping it and then said the last was my final. I was forced to buy Morimotos.

Upvote 0
Back