• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear Shock Cover Slipped Off

Romp-A-Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
legendary-fish.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
So, my rear driver side shock cover slipper off and was all scrunched up. Looks like dirt got up in there too. I assume that's not good. I pulled it back over the shock like the other one, but was wondering if I should have it cleaned out and serviced or if it will be fine? Thanks for the advise!

So, my rear driver side shock cover slipper off and was all scrunched up. Looks like dirt got up in there too. I assume that's not good. I pulled it back over the shock like the other one, but was wondering if I should have it cleaned out and serviced or if it will be fine? Thanks for the advise!

Photo Jul 16, 8 16 52 PM.jpg
If you can blow it clean then that is best , then put the boot on lock it with a appropriate sized hose clamp

Upvote 0
Back