• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear Seat Delete

Huck89

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
Has anyone had installed, or looking to install, a rear seat delete? I’ve seen kits online such as Goose Gear that look pretty solid and just wanted to see if anyone had experience with it, or other brands, or any DIY deletes If so, would you do it again? Do you miss having the rear seats? Pros and cons?

Did it DIY on my access cab. No regrets. I don't have kids, just the dog, and it's easier for him to get in and out. I might put a Dometic regrigerator back there in the near future. Pro's, I got to soundproof the back when I did it and there is much more space. Con's, I cracked one of the seat panels when I was removing it. I mounted an inverter on the underside and the WeBoost signal enhancer as well.

Did it DIY on my access cab. No regrets. I don't have kids, just the dog, and it's easier for him to get in and out. I might put a Dometic regrigerator back there in the near future. Pro's, I got to soundproof the back when I did it and there is much more space. Con's, I cracked one of the seat panels when I was removing it. I mounted an inverter on the underside and the WeBoost signal enhancer as well.
That’s exactly what I was thinking about when I saw some pictures, was the usable space, fridge mounts, etc. I don’t really use my backseats much, and when my dogs do get in they have a hard time jumping up in it.

I have the 40% delete from goose gear. I love it. I've been thinking about doing the full delete sometime soon. I have backseat passengers maybe once a year lol. I put a small dog bed on top of the delete to keep it level with the remaining backseat. My dog can sit there now so his head is at the perfect level to poke out the window. I also mounted my power tank setup to the back wall.

IMG_6823.JPEG

I have the 40% delete from goose gear. I love it. I've been thinking about doing the full delete sometime soon. I have backseat passengers maybe once a year lol. I put a small dog bed on top of the delete to keep it level with the remaining backseat. My dog can sit there now so his head is at the perfect level to poke out the window. I also mounted my power tank setup to the back wall.

IMG_6823.JPEG
That’s sick! Do you have anymore pics of it? That’s the company that I’ve been looking at. I’m like you, I have passengers hardly ever, I just don’t want to give up that capability and then one day need it and vice versa.

That’s sick! Do you have anymore pics of it? That’s the company that I’ve been looking at. I’m like you, I have passengers hardly ever, I just don’t want to give up that capability and then one day need it and vice versa.
If you really needed to you could swap the seats back in. Would be kind of annoying to do though lol. That’s why I started with the 40%. But seeing how I’ve carried one passenger back there since, I think I’ll swap to the 60% or just delete the whole seat and tell people to find another ride 😂. Definitely sound deaden the back wall while you have the seats out though. It will be noticeably louder. Not insanely, but you’ll notice it.

0265F086-A0BE-471F-91B3-1A73A89E1CDA.jpeg

E50C0411-CED4-46E0-B0D3-E1427EECC9D7.jpeg

Hell yeah, I like it. Don’t they make some kind of side wall or something so that you can’t see underneath?

Hell yeah, I like it. Don’t they make some kind of side wall or something so that you can’t see underneath?
Yeah they do. I didn’t want it though since I have my straps under there and it’s easier to just pull them out the side

If anyone has a Gen3 Jump Seat, Seat Belts, and the other parts available for sale, let me know. My 82 year old grandfather would like to buy if we can find for a reasonable price. Thanks

Where is he located? I have the rear seat I deleted from my Access Cab.

Montana. Let me look tomorrow and see what I have. I'll let you know.

Montana. Let me look tomorrow and see what I have. I'll let you know.
Sounds great buddy.. let me know what you have and post a picture or two if you can so I can show him.

Much appreciated and thanks for reaching out! ✌️

I saw the goosegear, but the price had me decide to throw one together for the fun. Did a 60% delete. I used a piece of spare plywood, covered it in some felt I had lying around, used some pieces of 2x4 for the legs and actually mounted it to the part of the seat that swings down. So now it actually lifts up if my fridge isn't on it. Want to get a second piece to go along the back and cover behind the seat. Its incredibly useful and I love it. Cost me literally nothing since I used spare stuff lying around my father's garage.
20220403_192700.jpg

Jbutler9555, I looked for the rear seats this weekend and couldn't find them. They must be in storage somewhere. Besides, I just had the seat bottoms, I kept the back panel for now on the truck. Sorry. Good luck!

No problem buddy, thanks for the update. I'm sure that someone else will read this thread who has one, eventually.

If not, it's not meant to be. Thanks again!

Back