• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear axle problems.

Cowboy95

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Looking to swap my rear end in my 2016 sr5 2wd. Can anyone help me out with what axles I can use for a direct swap or if theres a good way to upgrade my stock rear axle?

Firstly what are you trying to get at for an end result ?
Racing?
Just something stronger?
Axle housing that doesn't leak?
what would be you budget?
Dynatrack pro rock 60s
Camburg 3.5 prerunner 9"
Diamond axle

Upvote 0
I'm in the process of lowering it, want something stronger and a locker. I mainly drift in mine.

Upvote 0
Wow ok complete opposite ahahaha them get and axle out a 4x4 with a locker and regear

Upvote 0
1500 HD rear with the posi, is what I've been looking at. Or a ford 9 inch which I have under my explorer. Just never did much with rear axles so dont know a whole lot on them.

Upvote 0
1500 HD rear with the posi, is what I've been looking at. Or a ford 9 inch which I have under my explorer. Just never did much with rear axles so dont know a whole lot on them.
Both would require driveline work and gearing hard choice my friend

Upvote 0
It will bolt right on,shocks will line up,the diff would bolt right up to the axle , has a locker that can we wired up
Another option would be to rebuild yours gusset it up for strength re gear and add a air locker or fully lock it

Upvote 0
Back