• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear Antenna Mount

4WheelYoda

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Website
yodaoffroad.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
White
Recently I've purchased and mounted the @CaliRaisedLED 3rd gen mounts that mount just above my tail lights. I'd like to mount my CB Antenna back there and wire it in to the cab. Has any one ran cabling from the rear into their cab and if so where did you run it?

I've read over on TW forums that there is a rubber grommet below the driver seat but wasn't wanting to cut through it as it is at the lowest point on the truck. (Even sealing it scares me)

So I started with a 20 foot cable.
I routed it behind the taillight
Then I routed it down the frame on the inside.
I then routed it through the firewall into the cab
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG

So I started with a 20 foot cable.
I routed it behind the taillight
Then I routed it down the frame on the inside.
I then routed it through the firewall into the cab

Thanks, I will look into running that route I already have the old 9' cable ran from the front going through the driverside firewall so it should be a cake walk to get the new cable through I'm curious how much extra cable you had? I haven't found my box of coax that was 18' to see if it'll reach or not.

Thanks, I will look into running that route I already have the old 9' cable ran from the front going through the driverside firewall so it should be a cake walk to get the new cable through I'm curious how much extra cable you had? I haven't found my box of coax that was 18' to see if it'll reach or not.
I actually had to buy a 2 foot extension

So I finally ran mine. Started with 18' from the Fire ring to the end of the coax. then ran an extension of 10'. It is enough to run from the driver side rear in through the firewall behind the fuse box and then it runs down under the door trim to about middle of the seat and has enough to be out of the way for an under seat mount that I will likely be doing for my little cb to get it out of the way for Ham and GMRS that we eventually put in the truck.

I'd share pictures but its very dirty under there and I'm not sure you'd see it. I followed the bundle of wires from the tail light to the front and stayed inside the frame. and fished the cables up they come up right along the side of the fuse box.

Back