• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ray10 sizing help?

gene158

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
I’m gonna pull the trigger on some ray10s when scs gets their next shipment in. I was originally thinking of doing 16s but now I think I’d rather go with 17s. I’m just not sure if I should do the 17x8.5 or 17x9. I have a trd sport dcsb and I plan on doing 265/70/17 tires, either ko2s or falken wildpeaks. My suspension is stock.
Which size will fit best?

I
I’m gonna pull the trigger on some ray10s when scs gets their next shipment in. I was originally thinking of doing 16s but now I think I’d rather go with 17s. I’m just not sure if I should do the 17x8.5 or 17x9. I have a trd sport dcsb and I plan on doing 265/70/17 tires, either ko2s or falken wildpeaks. My suspension is stock.
Which size will fit best?
went with 16 because the illusion that the tires are bigger, offset and width difference I couldn’t tell you the difference though of what’s the better choice, if those have the same offset probably the 8.5 with that size tire

If you're going to stay with a 265 size tire then I think you should go at max with the 8.5 wide. I currently have 265/70/17 on my 17 x 8.5 and I feel like the tread pattern is not nearly wide enough to look right on the wheel.

I

went with 16 because the illusion that the tires are bigger, offset and width difference I couldn’t tell you the difference though of what’s the better choice, if those have the same offset probably the 8.5 with that size tire
If you're going to stay with a 265 size tire then I think you should go at max with the 8.5 wide. I currently have 265/70/17 on my 17 x 8.5 and I feel like the tread pattern is not nearly wide enough to look right on the wheel.
Can you post a pic?

Can you post a pic?

IMG_20190526_171054.jpg
IMG_20190525_150257.jpg

IMG_20190525_150305.jpg

The thing about width is you need to determine how much sidewall you want, the wider the wheel the less sidewall protection you have. I run a 12.5" wide tire on a 7" wide wheel and it provides a bunch of sidewall that provides me more traction when aired down. Also it will help protect from all those parking lot curbs at the mall ;) lol

The thing about width is you need to determine how much sidewall you want, the wider the wheel the less sidewall protection you have. I run a 12.5" wide tire on a 7" wide wheel and it provides a bunch of sidewall that provides me more traction when aired down. Also it will help protect from all those parking lot curbs at the mall ;) lol
I’m more worried about the curbs lol. There’s not much good wheeling to be done locally so my truck spends most of its time on the pavement. Obviously I want a functional setup but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t mainly concerned with looks. For what it’s worth, mountain biking and motocross force me to drive through some shitty dirt parking lots! ?

Back