• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ravelco Anti-thief device

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Just found this today, Ravelco Anti-thief has been business for over 40 years. No one has ever stolen any vehicles with this device on.
$649.00 includes installation, California & ?
Turn off all electrical systems, need a round key like device to start.
Best to google Ravelco Anti-device.

So it a hide in plain sight kill switch. I can do a kill switch you won't find in a very long time, especially with the alarm going off, for less than $20.

That is very good if you can do this, saving you a lot of money too. Todays electronics and computers are more aware if anyone does not know what they are doing too?
So be carefully.
A $649.00 bill. Could be cheaper then a mistake too.

After watching a you tube video ,- how easy to steal any car. The tools the thief’s use, anyone can buy.
They use these special antennas facing you house to get the key fob codes, first. Antenna Connect to a computer.
After open the vehicle door, connects the computer to the OBD port, search the codes, starts the vehicle ,gone within three minutes. ( They need you key fob codes first. )

Amazon sells - Key Fob protectors , brands like Faraday, Todoxi, $9.99 prime. The thieves need to get the codes off the Fobs first.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no single solution to stopping auto theft, except maybe executing auto thieves. You see no one who has been executed has ever committed another crime. Execution is prety much 100% successful.

That is very good if you can do this, saving you a lot of money too. Todays electronics and computers are more aware if anyone does not know what they are doing too?
So be carefully.
A $649.00 bill. Could be cheaper then a mistake too.
The simplest was is to interupt power to the starter. Now that doesn't mean they can't haul it up on a flatbed but again, that takes time. and many alarms will go off if the vehicle is tilted.

Very true.
Ravelco Anti-thief company claims no vehicles were ever stolen though there anti-thief devices. No one was able to override there devices.

Ravelco will never mention the vechilces that was tow, haul or lifted away.

Those tow guys who tow cars in NO parking zones. How fast they back up , slip the tow devices under the cars tires and gone within a minute. Sometimes they pull the car out and need to turn it around, still they are quick.

I think America has laws against stealing? America is a great nation, made of great people! Do I have the right America? Lol

It's a neat device, but I don't have room for that on my keyring. A multi layered approach is best, too. Turn your keyfob(s) off at night, maybe install a hidden killswitch or two, park inconveniently for being towed, that kind of stuff. Basically, make any other truck easier to steal. Of course, that probably only works when there are other targets around, which I'm guessing isn't the case with you, @Lava road. Except when you go to town. I can see this being good for fleet vehicles. I sometimes remember to turn my fob off but I haven't done much else. I should probably get on that killswitch soon.

In the end , no matter what we do? If the thieves want it? It will be gone! Having a good insurance helps with the losses.

It’s the personal items , are harder to replace.

Back