• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rago rock slider problems

TOsoYOTA

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCLB Auto
White
Has anyone had any trouble with lining up factory bolt points with the rock sliders on a long bed 3rd gen Tacoma?

I contacted @ragofabrication and this is all they gave me. The link for the video is for a GX 470. I get it’s the same principle but it’s not the same frame. Doesn’t seem too helpful. I think I have to move a bolt but it just seems vague.
The

Has anyone had any trouble with lining up factory bolt points with the rock sliders on a long bed 3rd gen Tacoma?
I'll ask around for you and see what I can find. I personally don't have the Rago sliders. Can you provide some pictures of your troubled areas that are not fitting. Frame pics and slider pic please. The @ragofabrication family will help get this figured out.

Post up an image of the area of concern. Rago are usually great about taking care of folks. It’s not uncommon for the mounting issues to be a simple mix up about where to mount up.

Appreciate it guys. I will do tomorrow and get them up. It seems I have fabricated pieces that should be used that can’t be used anywhere. Things just seem off

I've installed them on my sb taco and only drilled 4of the bottom holes on frame rail to give extra support for full lifting of truck what side are you having a problem with

On the driver side I know if you dont remove the wiring harness on frame and push it out of the way with the clips and the loosen the brake lines it is a pain to get them to line up

There are also 5 fabricated peaces that are just for shipping holding them together not to be used in install

It only uses the 2 long double weld nuts on the long peaces and the 6 single weld nuts 1 double in the front frame and 3 singles on each side one single in the hold under cross member and other 2 further back on frame rail on each side then there is a short bolt that goes behind the box on the driver side to clear it when its reinstalled and couple other bolts on the frame rails then you should have if I remember right 8 bolts left over to drill into bottom of frame rails if u choose to I installed 4 of them 2 on each side for the support to full lift the truck with the sliders

If you have questions message me let me know where your having a problem I will try my best to help you I can take pictures of where the bolts go tomorrow if that will help

On the driver side I know if you dont remove the wiring harness on frame and push it out of the way with the clips and the loosen the brake lines it is a pain to get them to line up
Do I need to move the only bolt on the bottom side of the frame that supports the gears going to the back? Note I have a long bed but nothing says on rago’s site that it varies from short and long bed.

Let me know if I can help

Attachments

• 20190520_200817.jpg
    20190520_200817.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 182
The one bolt under the frame rails on each side for the cross member has to be removed and then reinstalled through the sliders

Alright. Yeah Ben if you can send me some pictures of the under side that would be much appreciated! Thanks for your help

I will in the morning it's dark and raining out now or I would now

Hope these help some it is dark and raining

Attachments

• 20190603_214030.jpg
    20190603_214030.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 127
  • 20190603_213955.jpg
    20190603_213955.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20190603_213821.jpg
    20190603_213821.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20190603_213748.jpg
    20190603_213748.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20190603_213739.jpg
    20190603_213739.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for all your help. Might be in contact tomorrow I really appreciate it

These photos are of the sliders. If you can tell when they are aligned in the front, no mounting holes on the frame itself align. If I scoot it 6” to the rear, the mounting in the frame line up, but the front is now 6” off. Thanks you for all your guys help. Rago had also sent me an email guiding me to a link for a Lexus GX which would be the same mounting generally as the 4Runner and addressed my order as a 4Runner sliders meaning they have no idea what I actually ordered. So I don’t know where the disconnect is but it’s been a very frustrating process.
758EF78F-87E4-4F95-B1D0-68CD760F160D.jpeg
561B64C9-8D1A-4E5C-B254-D29911052751.jpeg
660E40EB-EC38-40CB-9729-A59645354D51.jpeg
ACE71ACC-CF07-42A2-BA80-F5997279A6C3.png
793301F7-EE1B-4E7E-B7C9-923731E533C3.jpeg

So just looked at their site. I only see dcsb sliders. ( they just say double cab in selection menu, but pic is clearly short bed. Not the most clear move on their part, but only option listed ) You’re a long bed. It’s never going to match up. Totally different frame profile.

Last edited:
Yeah I have looked over and over for something to specify they were for long opposed to short and couldn’t find anything and I guess and overlook on my part was to not ask but now what? That’s a lot of money down the drain

Yeah I have looked over and over for something to specify they were for long opposed to short and couldn’t find anything and I guess and overlook on my part was to not ask but now what? That’s a lot of money down the drain
That’s a question you’ll have to address with them. Resolution needs to be between you two.

I’m having the same exact problem right now. I have a double cab long bed and the @ragofabrication sliders for it. None of the holes line up at all. And the video they have is for a Lexus and it sucks ass. And according to the bolts required in the video, I wasn’t even sent the right ones

So just looked at their site. I only see dcsb sliders. ( they just say double cab in selection menu, but pic is clearly short bed. Not the most clear move on their part, but only option listed ) You’re a long bed. It’s never going to match up. Totally different frame profile.

Back