• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pulsating vibration

WhiteLighting

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I recently installed a Supreme Suspension 2.5 front and 1 in the rear with the differential drop and I’ve had it aligned but I get a pulsating vibration it only happens between 40 and 50 mph does anybody know what this could be? I feel it in my peddles mostly and faintly in my steering wheel.
D7FFAB08-EDF1-4CA6-9C10-2E77082EFB89.jpeg

I recently installed a Supreme Suspension 2.5 front and 1 in the rear with the differential drop and I’ve had it aligned but I get a pulsating vibration it only happens between 40 and 50 mph does anybody know what this could be? I feel it in my peddles mostly and faintly in my steering wheel.
D7FFAB08-EDF1-4CA6-9C10-2E77082EFB89.jpeg
Since you recently installed the lift
Did you notice this vibration prior?
If not did you or the shop shim the rear proper for driveshaft angle ?
Does it only happen in that speed range?
Deos it get quite or louder at certain points ?

Side note u would recommend removal of the diff drop they are not worth it

Upvote 0
I would certainly consider the alignment maybe an issue, as well as the balance of your wheels and tires. It's not very common to throw a lift on a truck and have a major vibration that's actually caused by something from the lift. Usually it's something accessory to the lift like the alignment. So I wouldn't start ripping the lift off the truck just yet, I'd start trying to rule out smaller things first.

Upvote 0
I would certainly consider the alignment maybe an issue, as well as the balance of your wheels and tires. It's not very common to throw a lift on a truck and have a major vibration that's actually caused by something from the lift. Usually it's something accessory to the lift like the alignment. So I wouldn't start ripping the lift off the truck just yet, I'd start trying to rule out smaller things first.
Wheel balance sounds like a good thing to look into since you believe the alignment was done correctly already. I didn’t even think of that.

Upvote 0
Back