• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pro owners - Revtek lift kit w/ stock suspension

17cementpro

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Have any TRD Pro owners tried this 3” lift kit? Trying to clear 33s and someone on YouTube said he installed with 285/75/16s with no rub

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/revtek-3-inch-lift-kit-427/_/R-BKKC-427

https://youtu.be/

76152C3C-E2B3-4AE7-AC96-358EDE29B22C.png

1076F4C4-EBF5-4A89-9C48-6D306E39486F.png

Attachments

• C0E209F8-C12C-4D31-8FC1-FAB64D7272C8.jpeg
    C0E209F8-C12C-4D31-8FC1-FAB64D7272C8.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 363
Overall not the best way to lift, but it is a way to do it. My main concern would be that spacer on top of the front coil. Some say the added spacer does not leave enough threads for the suspension to bolt up securely. Some say it does, some say not. Ultimately I think there are better ways of doing it.

My opinion, 285's aren't huge, so if you do rub, it won't be much. Getting a cab mount chop and a good alignment that maxes out your caster would be money better spent. Aside from the poor suspension geometry, the spacer lifts just aren't worth the money as you'd likely still rub due to the same factory alignment and factory cab mount.

Overall not the best way to lift, but it is a way to do it. My main concern would be that spacer on top of the front coil. Some say the added spacer does not leave enough threads for the suspension to bolt up securely. Some say it does, some say not. Ultimately I think there are better ways of doing it.

My opinion, 285's aren't huge, so if you do rub, it won't be much. Getting a cab mount chop and a good alignment that maxes out your caster would be money better spent. Aside from the poor suspension geometry, the spacer lifts just aren't worth the money as you'd likely still rub due to the same factory alignment and factory cab mount.

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. Upgrading from the pro suspension with Kings or something might be inevitable for me eventually... especially since I’d like to replace my front bumper and add a winch eventually. I was mostly wanting to temporarily keep my Fox shocks and still add a little height. Do you think going with this kit would be more reasonable if it’s more of a short term solution? Or could it cause more expensive problems for me in the long run?

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. Upgrading from the pro suspension with Kings or something might be inevitable for me eventually... especially since I’d like to replace my front bumper and add a winch eventually. I was mostly wanting to temporarily keep my Fox shocks and still add a little height. Do you think going with this kit would be more reasonable if it’s more of a short term solution? Or could it cause more expensive problems for me in the long run?

The factory ? stuff is pretty legit. While yeah, Kings are likely an upgrade, it is debatable. If your plan is to add weight, yes it'll be worth upgrading when you do. That said when you do upgrade you can definitely sell the ? stuff easily for a good price. So I wouldn't want to take a chance damaging than in any way.

So if it were my truck, I'd get the cab mount chop asap and just buy the 285 tires.

Then figure out what upper control arms you wants when you do lift, and buy those now. Install those with the CMC and the UCA's now. That way you can max out your caster with the alignment and you'll be able to still use the UCA's when/if you do upgrade the suspension in time. It may cost you a bit more now, but you won't be throwing money away like you would if you just removed the spacer lift later.

I’ve heard the same about the spacer I’d be scared someone going offroad having fun enjoying there rig then those bolts start shearing off or something

Back